Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: Land Auction Date Set - 6/27

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The news is the Yotes are moving.. the rest is a one sided narrative to hurt someone and his reputation..

Guy wasn't paying for hotels to the point where they all had to band together and threaten the league to get payment. That's absurd.

Meruelo has one playbook and it works for him in construction. He had years to shape up in the NHL as an owner and never did. It has always been his dream to own a professional team and sit at those tables with the other big boys but he couldn't handle the details when the time came.

I look forward to any and all reporting on other embarrassingly unfit behavior. You know Craig Morgan isn't going to give it to us.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Couple things...

I know many of you crap on The Athletic and Katie Strang, etc., but I have it on good authority that Coyote staffers are lined up to give interviews relating to working under/for Meruelo, and those interviews start today. Things like blatantly not paying bills, etc., and "the people being interviewed know where the bodies are buried" and "it's all going to come out." So stay tuned for that.

On a really bright note, there are several former players including Shane Doan, Ray Whitney, and Jason DeMers that are forming a group that funds and supports youth hockey Valley-wide in order to lessen the effect of the Coyotes leaving. The NHL gives every team in every NHL city a chunk of money to put towards youth hockey programs yearly, and the move obviously takes that money away. Naturally, Doan is at the forefront and driving this new group.
Katie is just like the rest, morally, compromised and you never know when she is telling the truth soooo...her article about the Coyotes might have been true but, since she can not be trusted, hard to believe anything she says.

The youth hockey thing is great news. To be fair too, AM is supposedly intending to still support youth programs.

Reactions: Jakey53

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
We will see what comes out

My opinion , he should have hired a CEO with experience in running a sports franchise.. I would think everything that comes out should have fallen at the seat of the CEO .. like in every other million dollar company.

I guess my problem is I give people the benefit of the doubt until I hear both sides.. and I am only hearing 1

Compare him to every other owner we have had..

If believe if he was like any owner before him the team would have folded because he would have gotten out of Dodge.

I hear people say he lied we were fed a bill of goods .. I don’t see that ..I see him trying to keep the team here..

I like that he had the patience to allow BA to build a team from scratch, tho other owners would want to win now to draw fans and sacrifice the future..

But I am no where near boots on the ground .. you guys are.. I only hear the media side of things

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
@The Feckless Puck and @XX
You've reached a conclusion on Meruelo and we still have very little information.
He probably did the things he's rumoured to have done but none of us know why.

Unlike Llewzaher, I don't want the media to lay-off of Meruelo. If there's something worth reporting then I hope they give it comprehensive coverage from all angles. I expect we'll get something that falls short of that.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Tyson Nash interview for any interested...

@The Feckless Puck and @XX
You've reached a conclusion on Meruelo and we still have very little information.
He probably did the things he's rumoured to have done but none of us know why.

Unlike Llewzaher, I don't want the media to lay-off of Meruelo. If there's something worth reporting then I hope they give it comprehensive coverage from all angles. I expect we'll get something that falls short of that.
I guess there is a difference between reporting news… and running a narrative..

I agree with you report the truth from all angles.

. I heard a TSN broadcast this morning where most of the talk was how the Coyotes got kicked out of Glendale, but don’t mention it as because they wouldn’t sign a 12 yr lease..

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
RE: Roadrunners and a Tempe move

The Roadrunners are in year eight of a 10-year lease at Tucson Arena (part of the Tucson Convention Center). As part of the contract signed by the Coyotes in the original deal, the ownership group must provide the city 180 days notice before moving the team. The ownership group would also forfeit a little more than $3 million if it chooses to break the lease, per the agreement.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
RE: Roadrunners and a Tempe move

The Roadrunners are in year eight of a 10-year lease at Tucson Arena (part of the Tucson Convention Center). As part of the contract signed by the Coyotes in the original deal, the ownership group must provide the city 180 days notice before moving the team. The ownership group would also forfeit a little more than $3 million if it chooses to break the lease, per the agreement.
Yeah, I did wonder about when that TCC lease started and how long it was... but it's not like he can't move midseason if it comes to that. One ironic thing would have been if J. Doan hadn't left ASU early... and ended up in the AHL in the same rink as NCAA.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tyson Nash interview for any interested...

Nash had nothing but good things to say about the Coyote organization, and he hit the nail on the head on how it will hurt the city, hockey, employees etc. and everything else associated with the Coyote's and hockey in general. It's going to hurt much more than we all realize at the moment. Two decades of building hockey from the ground up flushed down the toilet in less than a week.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Two decades of building hockey from the ground up flushed down the toilet in less than a week.

I'm not saying that is incorrect because there's many parts to hockey in Arizona and it certainly applies to things like youth hockey. But on the flip side, for the Coyotes it's more like two decades of destroying NHL hockey in Arizona and it has finally come to a head. None of it happened in less than a week.

Like I've said in the past, the wick was lit a long time ago and it just took a really, really long time for the spark to get to the dynamite and explode. No one was able to put it out before it got there.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I'm not saying that is incorrect because there's many parts to hockey in Arizona and it certainly applies to things like youth hockey. But on the flip side, for the Coyotes it's more like two decades of destroying NHL hockey in Arizona and it has finally come to a head. None of it happened in less than a week.

Like I've said in the past, the wick was lit a long time ago and it just took a really, really long time for the spark to get to the dynamite and explode. No one was able to put it out before it got there.
Bingo.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

The beginning of the end was at the beginning.

Reactions: TheLegend

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Nash had nothing but good things to say about the Coyote organization, and he hit the nail on the head on how it will hurt the city, hockey, employees etc. and everything else associated with the Coyote's and hockey in general. It's going to hurt much more than we all realize at the moment. Two decades of building hockey from the ground up flushed down the toilet in less than a week.

Though I went out of my way to stop listening to him for his campy, repetitive, style...he really is very likeable and seems like a great guy.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Anyone by chance have time stamps for when they actually talk to Nash? I'd prefer to listen to these bros as little as possible and just hear what Tyson has to say.
Just click on the YouTube link and watch it there. The time stamp is there as well.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Just click on the YouTube link and watch it there. The time stamp is there as well.
Thanks for the tip. The timestamp they have takes you to their commercial first but I suffered so others don't have to. haha

For anyone else, here is a link to the start of the interview:

Last edited:

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I wonder what the players think? I know in the game against Edmonton, which immediately followed gmba’s divulgence meeting, they had skates! Even Crouse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad