All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion IX: mmvvpp Memorial Thread (No Election Talk)

Pick A Christmas Movie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
tumblr_oif8t5OUam1rrkahjo7_400.gif

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The Hogfather (2006) is pretty great. One of the best TV Movies I have ever seen.

If anyone has read any Terry Pratchett and enjoyed the books it is worth a watch for sure. Actually a really solid adaptation. Which is hard to do with such good source material. But pretty darn faithful.

hogfather-slider.jpg
I’ve read maybe a half dozen of the Discworld books and loved each one. Death is the best.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Since we are talking films...

and know we have a fair few film fans in here.

Letterboxd • Your life in film

Absolutely awesome site to:

Log films you have watched to remember them easier.
Review films.
Find films to watch in future.

The options you have in terms of sorting films are just fantastic. Can choose an option to grey out ones you have watched when browsing films to make it easy to see what you might have missed.

For example as a biiiiiig crime film fan I can say:

Go on the films tab.
Sort by genre crime.
Sort by 1990s decade.
Sort by highest average rating.

And then see that the "best" 1990s crime films I have not seen are:

A Brighter Summer Day, Close-Up and Leon.

The only option I WISH they would add is a tick box for "feature length film" as it also includes series and shorts. (though there is a Top 250 Narrative Feature list which is awesome. Have only seen like 50/250 even though have over 950 films watched! Also have a 410 strong list of every film that at one point was rated top 250.)

But still. I would recommend it wholeheartedly.
The rating are far, far better than Rotten Tomatoes etc as well in my eyes.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
1. Michael Keaton is a c***.
2. The communist bastard deadhead was being needlessly sacrilegious, and that makes me nervous.
3. The real missing Christmas movie on here is "Frosty the Snowman," but Bernie is right about "It's a Wonderful Life," which that communist bastard was also sacrilegious about.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
At this point, to maximize the depravity, I hope the restaurant is 30 minutes from city hall.
No. She was literally in a restaurant 30 minutes after casting a vote to ban outdoor dining, staring that “outdoor dining is one of the most dangerous vehicles for corona to spread”(loose quote).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is the most fascist of all fascist polls. Mussolini would be proud.

Also until the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol (best Christmas film ever) is added, it’s not only fascist, but totally fraudulent as well.

How about we compromise. Meet in the middle. Add "Alien Versus Predator 2," which was released on Christmas Day back in 2006 or 2007.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Well, Joseph was a wimp, what Jewish man would refrain from sex with his wife so to let another impregnate her as a virgin? I mean, at least let me get some action babe, before you get it on with the burning bush.

Why was Mary a virgin?
Was the Virgin Mary a virgin?
Was There Really a Virgin Birth in the Bible?
What the Early Church Believed: The Perpetual Virginity of Mary

Next, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
I’m more interested in if Jesus was an only child. I never thought about it until Dogma.

Reactions: BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No. She was literally in a restaurant 30 minutes after casting a vote to ban outdoor dining, staring that “outdoor dining is one of the most dangerous vehicles for corona to spread”(loose quote).

Yes, and I want the restaurant to be 30 minutes away so that she would have left the vote, sprinted to her car, and gone right to the place immediately.

If you're gonna be a scumbag go big.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
2. The communist bastard deadhead was being needlessly sacrilegious, and that makes me nervous.
3. The real missing Christmas movie on here is "Frosty the Snowman," but Bernie is right about "It's a Wonderful Life," which that communist bastard was also sacrilegious about.

k18fuJ.gif

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’m more interested in if Jesus was an only child. I never thought about it until Dogma.

One of my favorite movies, totally twisted with a great cast.
As far as sacrilege, up there with "Life of Brian." Does that count as a Christmas movie? Or maybe an Easter movie?

And of course "This Is The End."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad