OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2017-19 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Winners play through it. Countless times of players playing through illness

You could be right though, he played more games (64) than Kawhi (60) who needs to watch his load.

That was a Mortal Kombat trip, Sub Zero Siakim don't take no **** yo!

Newsflash, Embiid isnt a winner yet lol.

And remember, Embiid red shirted because of his knees. He wont last long at all. Maybe if he drops 30 pounds

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Newsflash, Embiid isnt a winner yet lol.

And remember, Embiid red shirted because of his knees. He wont last long at all. Maybe if he drops 30 pounds

Of course he isn't, he's got a weak stomach and Greg Oden knees but with better skill. Big risk in taking C's like him for a longterm solution or to be your best player in today's game. You think Zion will have issues as well with a long career?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Of course he isn't, he's got a weak stomach and Greg Oden knees but with better skill. Big risk in taking C's like him for a longterm solution or to be your best player in today's game. You think Zion will have issues as well with a long career?

Nah. Zion is shorter. Knee problems are more prevalent the taller and heavier you are.

Zion is the same weight as Embiid but shorter and more muscular. He will likely need to lose weight too, but like 10 pounds. Not like Embiid

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nah. Zion is shorter. Knee problems are more prevalent the taller and heavier you are.

Zion is the same weight as Embiid but shorter and more muscular. He will likely need to lose weight too, but like 10 pounds. Not like Embiid

Ya he's built more like LBJ, slightly bigger but ya NYK management should get him leaner to avoid injury. Could be a scary duo if Durant does go to NYK? If GSW win another title, he may chase Max deal and they can still sign one other big free agent too? Would be a decent trio if they can find a third member like Kemba Walker or Klay? Rumors are Walker may go to Dallas? That'd get you pretty excited no?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ya he's built more like LBJ, slightly bigger but ya NYK management should get him leaner to avoid injury. Could be a scary duo if Durant does go to NYK? If GSW win another title, he may chase Max deal and they can still sign one other big free agent too? Would be a decent trio if they can find a third member like Kemba Walker or Klay? Rumors are Walker may go to Dallas? That'd get you pretty excited no?
Why does Dallas need another high volume shot taker when they have the kid and KP to play with, they could use some spacers outside, and a couple bigs to take over Dirks minutes IMO

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Why does Dallas need another high volume shot taker when they have the kid and KP to play with, they could use some spacers outside, and a couple bigs to take over Dirks minutes IMO

Not sure, don't follow DAL at all to be honest, just saw some articles online about him being linked there.
But NYK should try and lure him there with Durant or possibly Kawhi if he doesn't stay here in TOR.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Not sure, don't follow DAL at all to be honest, just saw some articles online about him being linked there.
But NYK should try and lure him there with Durant or possibly Kawhi if he doesn't stay here in TOR.

Allow me.

Klay would be an unreal and perfect get but it wont happen.

Kemba isn't really a high volume shooter. He is an excellent 3 point shooter and he does create space for Luka and KP.

However, We dont need another PG unless we unload one of our many PGs (Brunson, Harris, Barea). Walker would make 4.

Further, out of those 4 only one plays defense and that's Brunson.

Fit wise he would work, but he isnt what we need. Mavs brass disagree as apparently he is number one on the list. They also want to pursue Middleton. One year of goodness in the NBA gets you paid apparently.

I'd much rather get Jimmy Butler to be honest. Mavs need some toughness and some good players on the wing. Also some good defenders to take away from Doncic.

My list is Butler and Beverly.

Beverly, Doncic, Butler, Finney-Smith, Porzingis as our 5

With Barea, Brunson, Hardaway Jr, Powell, Kleber off the bench.

I think that's a better roster than

Walker, Doncic, Middleton, Finney-Smith, Porzingis.

If they go the latter, we will get killed on defense, but we will have an elite offense.

I'd prefer the balance of the former.

We also got linked to Vucevic and Dragic.

Dragic, Doncic, Finney-Smith, Porzingis, Vucevic.

Hell of a starting 5, better than a lineup with Walker..not as good as a lineup with Butler.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
lol @ Embiid.

Apparently he texted their coach at 6:30 AM yesterday saying he was feeling sick (AGAIN) and he didnt know if he was going to play.

I mean, game 1 or 2 was it when he was complaining about having the shits?

I wouldnt even worry about this series anymore

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
lol @ Embiid.

Apparently he texted their coach at 6:30 AM yesterday saying he was feeling sick (AGAIN) and he didnt know if he was going to play.

I mean, game 1 or 2 was it when he was complaining about having the ****s?

I wouldnt even worry about this series anymore
They are a dangerous team, but Brand threw them together in about 2 months, with so many questions its a testament to the talent they do have that they have meshed so fast.

Surprisingly entertaining series.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Boy if Giannis ever develops a mid range game!!!
So glad my team isnt in the East.

Consequently, I am depressed that Dallas chose cap space over drafting Giannis. True story. Donnie Nelson was going to take Giannis when our pick was up that year. The Freak was still on the board. But then Cuban called an audible and opted to trade the pick away for a cap dump.

Now we likely dont get Luka if we had Giannis.....

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
So glad my team isnt in the East.

Consequently, I am depressed that Dallas chose cap space over drafting Giannis. True story. Donnie Nelson was going to take Giannis when our pick was up that year. The Freak was still on the board. But then Cuban called an audible and opted to trade the pick away for a cap dump.

Now we likely dont get Luka if we had Giannis.....

Hmmm...tough decision when thinking who would you rather, Giannis or Luka.

What a comeback by Liverpool tonight!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Bucks are so good and are JUST now getting their second best player after almost 2 months of absence.

If he returns to form, this team can take Golden State to 7.

They would smash Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad