Post-Game Talk: All Hail King James (Reimer). One more chance!! 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I missed 2nd and 3rd period, but Leafs have lost every game this series where I have watched more than 1 period of a hockey game, and won otherwise.

Game 1: Watched entire game.
Game 2: Watched 3rd period.
Game 3: Watched entire game.
Game 4: Watched 2nd and 3rd.
Game 5: Watched 1st period.

I won't disappoint next game and try to catch the whole game. :sarcasm:

oh baby.. you can only imagine how much the team is itching for a win in front of the home crowd.

Every "first" in the series the leafs seemed to have lost

-first game
-first home game
-first OT game

keep the momentum rolling!

Failure is the stopping stone to success has never been more truer. :yo:

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
knew it, called it and i shaved for it!

i am reimers biggest critic, but i've seen that he has had it in him before.

boston gave reimer and phanuef another chance and they step it up...therefore...THIS IS A TEAM. and this is a team others will fear two years from now regardless of the outcome of this series.

they are not the habs. they are the leafs...and they give their fans a place to hang their hats and heads. keep them up.

if they go out. they are going out with games played balls to the wall

#lovethisteam #ballstothewall #dickstothebricks

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I dont know the nuts and bolts of the game like you nucks. But having watched the the series so far I believe the Leafs are unlucky not to be up 3-2.:(
Apart from game 1 and the last 10 minutes of game 5, I reckon the leafs are a fitter team collectively than the Bruins, and have had some bad bounces of the puck coupled with the odd brain fart. To me, it makes the Bruins look better than they are.:amazed:

Not sure if they will go on and win the series. But they are certainly capable and I would expect it, if they win game 6
Having followed the board from a distance for a while, I noted that at the start of this shortened season, the general expectation from most posters was for the team to build and make a run in a year or 2.
I reckon they have exceeded those expectations and are well on their way to being a serious cup contender in a few seasons. (depending on roster, trades etc.)
No matter how this season ends I honestly believe I will get to see the Leafs make a final series or win a cup in the next few years.:nod: I will be doing everything I can to witness that live.

Good luck fellow Leaf fans. I at least get to watch the games at the respectable time of 10am and I am amped for the whole day after a win. It could also have something to do with the 10 coffees I gulp down during the game.:yo:

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
But remember, the series was over before the game!!!

I picked the B's in five before the series started, but given how we played the games, better performance in every game, our odds to win this game were good.

So proud of this team, take it to 7.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
20130511136824450125479.gif

Kulemin's hit on McQuaid.

Beauty! :handclap:

You-Seem-Upset.jpg

Take the hit like a man, Adam. :cry:

KomiMon

Jul 27, 2010
Newmarket, ON
feels good all the way here from london.. was on a plane during the 2nd and 3rd we were all relieved when we heard trhe leafs won wwhen we landed ! cheers

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
check out the James Reimer thread to read some real golden quotes from the Bruins board on Reims! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Yeah no he's awesome and I thought he was one of our best players tonight, but it was a cheap hit.

Yeah, but Kulemin was offsides by a country mile and knew the whistle was about to be blown. He used that to his advantage and nailed McQuaid when he knew he wasn't going to be expecting it. And it was glorious :laugh:

As for the game

tumblr_mmm28wDcVq1qh6fqvo1_500.gif

GO LEAFS GO
ONLY WAY OUT IS IN A BODY BAG :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Just noticed Syrio looks like Grant Fuhr. Does that make Arya James Reimer?

:laugh:

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Lol, there's talk on the Bruins board if they would trade Seguin for Kessel and many are saying yes. One said "in a heart beat".

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I dont know the nuts and bolts of the game like you nucks. But having watched the the series so far I believe the Leafs are unlucky not to be up 3-2.:(
Apart from game 1 and the last 10 minutes of game 5, I reckon the leafs are a fitter team collectively than the Bruins, and have had some bad bounces of the puck coupled with the odd brain fart. To me, it makes the Bruins look better than they are.:amazed:

Not sure if they will go on and win the series. But they are certainly capable and I would expect it, if they win game 6
Having followed the board from a distance for a while, I noted that at the start of this shortened season, the general expectation from most posters was for the team to build and make a run in a year or 2.
I reckon they have exceeded those expectations and are well on their way to being a serious cup contender in a few seasons. (depending on roster, trades etc.)
No matter how this season ends I honestly believe I will get to see the Leafs make a final series or win a cup in the next few years.:nod: I will be doing everything I can to witness that live.

Good luck fellow Leaf fans. I at least get to watch the games at the respectable time of 10am and I am amped for the whole day after a win. It could also have something to do with the 10 coffees I gulp down during the game.:yo:
We absolutely could have been up 3 _ 2 Frattin hit the post in overtime.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The Leafs have played better than the Bruins so far in this series. The luck just has not gone our way until this game.

The Leafs are going to go all out on Sunday and I think they will win! Be prepared for Game 7 Boston.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
The leafs are getting a condensed playoff education. They have learned a lot in 5 short games. The first game they learned that spring is a time to play in the playoffs, not be a spectator as they were losing in Boston. The learned that the tempo, intensity, crowd, media is all intensified. Game 2 they learned that they can indeed play to playoff levels come from behind and match the Bruins game and win on the road, something that they put into practice last night. Game 3 they learned how crazy the ACC can be and how a few early jitters in periods can blow a game for you. Game 4 saw them cough up a lead and experience overtime for the first time. Last night, they played on the verge of elimination for the first time and won while protecting a lead on the road putting past lessons into practice. Now they have to win a playoff game at home for game 6 and if they win in overtime their education will be almost complete. The final exam would be a quick study in how to win in game 7 on the road after trailing a series 3-1. These last two tests will complete this teams education. Lets hope they get a chance to apply their knowledge in future rounds.

Last edited:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Of course I'd love a couple more wins but I'm just really happy this young team is pushing back instead of rolling over to the 'Big Bad Bruins'. Still making mistakes but let's hope it gets corrected soon. Go Leafs Go!

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I just want to point a couple things out.

only team down 3-1 to not get crushed on elimination night
only team on the verge of elimination to force an extra game in regulation
only team in canada to have the commentators against the canadian team, on the canadian broadcast (funny isnt it)

and also:

N4Z3M LUPUL said:
well ive tried everything, i predicted a win in game one and we lost, so i predicted a loss for game 2 and we won, and game three was another predicted loss and we lost so.

2-1 leafs

Kadri

i think this is the only prediction I've gotten right, ever. Except mac got the game winner!

and also Reimer haters, where are the negative comments now? Stopping jaromir Jagr in close in the dying seconds and he cant make the big save?

i also predicted this:
N4Z3M LUPUL said:
Every young goalie will have their flaws.

Reimers best ability is being able to rebound from bad games (which i think is why we will win game 5), and that he steals us games.

Patience is something you cant teach to fans, i just hope that management won't fall into the "sell the future, win now" philosophy. Who have the wings really "bought" at deadline day? Not to many players, home grown talent is the way to go.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Here's a thought:

At this time last year, how many of you would have believed us capable of going into Boston today, facing elimination in the playoffs, and winning?

That's your measuring stick for progress for this young team.

True. This team is progressing a lot quicker than I thought.

Win or lose, they have not gotten swept, they have actually outplayed the Bruins and they have not gotten intimidated by anyone on that team.

Remember how Marchand made the Sedins his *****? He knows he can't pull that **** on the Leafs because he'd get his ass kicked.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
I am so proud of this team. Have not felt this way about the Leafs in years. Game 6 back in Toronto on Mother's Day. Going to be quite the celebration win or lose.

Leafs have returned to respectability. Few more seasons and they will be contenders.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
I know that we all rag on Reimer's poor rebound control because thats what it is, poor. But one thing I noticed is that he has got to be one of the more athletic goaltenders in the league right now, and the fact that he can recover quickly from letting up a poor rebound doesnt necessarily make up for the fact that he knocked the puck out into the slot, but it shows that he can bail himself out should it be necessary. His recovery is just amazing.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Bozak shot the puck over the glass without it first hitting something (another stick, player or glass itself). He received a penalty for 'Delay of Game'. 2 minute minor.

Actually....replay showed it went off of Chara's stick....but it's a tough call at full speed.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That was truly a great team, Pat Burns was such a great character, best coach I have ever watched. His smile was deadly, when he smiled it usually meant he was mad. :laugh: RIP Pat.

I remember him trying to kill Barry Melrose (King's coach) during that '93 run!!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad