Post-Game Talk: All Hail King James (Reimer). One more chance!! 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
And to think you guys were one OT goal away from making this a 3-2 series in your favour.

I really think this Leafs team can upset the Bruins.

We were half an inch away -- twice. Two posts in the OT period. What could have been, eh? Oh well; Cups are raised on bounces.

Upset? I don't think so. But we've taken them to 6, which is better than most had us doing. Marchand himself said it's been all Toronto since game 1. Win or lose, we can walk away with our heads held high after this one, with a lot of positives to build on.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
We were half an inch away -- twice. Two posts in the OT period. What could have been, eh? Oh well; Cups are raised on bounces.

Upset? I don't think so. But we've taken them to 6, which is better than most had us doing. Marchand himself said it's been all Toronto since game 1. Win or lose, we can walk away with our heads held high after this one, with a lot of positives to build on.

Hell yeah! great post. Most were expecting a sweep by Boston but we've played extremely well most games, we have stretches late in games where we stop skating and really sit back but I think that has a lot to do with Carlyle's strategy of trapping with a lead than anything. Either way I'm proud of this team win or lose. Great experience gained for everyone on the team.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
And to think you guys were one OT goal away from making this a 3-2 series in your favour.

it wouldn't be an upset.

this is a #4 seed vs. a #5 seed, and the #5 seed had more regulation wins.

their head to head games were all one goal games during the regular season, with a shootout being the only difference maker.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Ray Shero said:

It's very easy to say that based on last nights results and I admit I thought to myself what could have been if it wasn't for Game 4.

I can see why some people would call it an upset if the Leafs comeback and win the series based on the fact at one point it was a 3-1 series lead for the Bruins. However during the regular season Toronto only finished 5 points back of Boston in the Eastern Conference standings, so if some things go different for both teams it could have been Toronto with home ice advantage. Plus when it's a #4 vs #5 if the 5th seed happens to win I wouldn't call it an upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad