OT 19/3: All glory to HypnoPython [GoT spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
That GoT season premier wasn't all that great, was it? The first episode is usually just catching everyone up to where the characters are, but that's really all that was there. A bit of movement on the Lannisters I guess.

Q: Has Jon Snow ever been significantly wrong? The 'make an unpopular decision but turn out correct' thing is feeling old.

I like it. Arya killing off the entire Frey family tree. The little girl from Bear Island being a huge badass. Discovery of a huge dragon glass mine underneath Dragonstone. Daenerys reaches Dragonstone. Not a big fan of the Ed Sheeran scene that was kinda forced and awkward.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Anybody else thought this scene was lame?

Meera: This is Brandon Stark.
Edd: Prove it.
BRAN: Winter is coming blablabla a thousand years ago blablabla...
EDD: Okay come in.

Wut.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Wut.

Bran is lame.

How about the poop montage that keeps going long after it's made it's point?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Wut.

I think it was more of the fact that Bran said he knew Edd personally was at Hardhome and the Fist.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I liked the Ed Sheeran scene, minus Ed Sheeran.

It's purpose was to make Arya feel uncomfortable, and possible change her direction from Kings Landing to the North with all the talk of family

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I liked the Ed Sheeran scene, minus Ed Sheeran.

It's purpose was to make Arya feel uncomfortable, and possible change her direction from Kings Landing to the North with all the talk of family

My problem with the Ed Sheeran scene was how they do the thing where they have a cameo so they linger on their shots. It was lowkey enough otherwise to not really see it as a big deal.

I see the scene as the first crack into Arya's warpath. It happened a bit earlier than I expected, but she's been so fixated on killing people, and seeing them as targets, that a bunch of bros being nice could begin to make her reconsider. It's also quite a change of pace to see a scene in GoT at this point where people welcome a stranger, share their food, and nothing bad happens.

I think the uncomfortable thing is because besides the possible immediate danger, these guys are humanizing their own families. Arya had just killed off the Freys indiscriminately.

Where that leads, I could see it ending up like you said, Cat Bowser.

It's notable that the corpses the Hound and his gang found were the father and daughter who fed and gave shelter to the Hound and Arya way back in season 4. The Hound ended up stealing the guy's silver and figured he and his daughter wouldn't survive the winter.

Last edited:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
My problem with the Ed Sheeran scene was how they do the thing where they have a cameo so they linger on their shots. It was lowkey enough otherwise to not really see it as a big deal.

I see the scene as the first crack into Arya's warpath. It happened a bit earlier than I expected, but she's been so fixated on killing people, and seeing them as targets, that a bunch of bros being nice could begin to make her reconsider. It's also quite a change of pace to see a scene in GoT at this point where people welcome a stranger, share their food, and nothing bad happens.

I think the uncomfortable thing is because besides the possible immediate danger, these guys are humanizing their own families. Arya had just killed off the Freys indiscriminately.

Where that leads, I could see it ending up like you said, Cat Bowser.

It's notable that the corpses the Hound and his gang found were the father and daughter who fed and gave shelter to the Hound and Arya way back in season 4. The Hound ended up stealing the guy's silver and figured he and his daughter wouldn't survive the winter.
Yeah, I caught that right away, probably because it was in the previously on, which I never watch.
Boy you guys just dive right into the spoilers don't you. Good thing I'm not a GoT fan.
I remember reading a spoiler about Ned Stark's death on here before I even watched the show like four years ago. I actually ended up watching it because everyone here said it was so good.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure a few people would disagree with you. I'm personally not really into TV series or movies. I probably watch 2 or 3 movies a year.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I binged season 10 of Doctor Who over the past two nights. You can honestly just watch the first episode and the last two for the highlights. It was a pretty underwhelming season overall. Bill (and Nardole) were good companions for The Doctor though.

The main mid-season arc of Oxygen, Extremis, Pyramid at the End of the World, and Lie of the Land is like "B-/C+" stuff overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad