OT 19/3: All glory to HypnoPython [GoT spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Honestly, considering how bad the team is (and how bad our offense has been especially), Stamkos is getting off without a ton of criticism thrown his way.

I think it's clear why, too. Despite posting "impressive" numbers last year, he didn't pass the eye test. This season, while he's not dominating, he's doing better on the eye test.

That doesn't mean I want to throw 11 million dollars at him with his current production. When you get paid among the tops in the league, you need to produce - effort gets you to love the third liners of the world, but the top line players earn their money on the score sheet.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The internet is confirming that if you have today's MGSV patch, and replay a certain character's recruitment mission 7 times, you can re-recruit them.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Getting a new PC tonight. So pumped!

What games are cool nowadays?

Well, Fallout 4 is out today, but given the timing, I'm guessing these events are related?

Metal Gear Solid V works well on PC.

Stay away from Arkham Knight. It's broken and it's not getting fixed. The new Call of Duty on PC has issues as well.

You don't need a top end PC, but Undertale is really well reviewed. Game of the Year category. I watched the Steam Train series of it, but I would definitely recommend if you like Earthbound type RPGs.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Well, Fallout 4 is out today, but given the timing, I'm guessing these events are related?

Metal Gear Solid V works well on PC.

Stay away from Arkham Knight. It's broken and it's not getting fixed. The new Call of Duty on PC has issues as well.
I won't lie, F4 was on my radar.

I also get a free copy of Assa Creed: Unity or Rainbow Six: Siege with my graphic card. What's better? Loved the early AC games, no idea how the newer ones were. Don't know R6 at all. It's that SWAT game right?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I won't lie, F4 was on my radar.

I also get a free copy of Assa Creed: Unity or Rainbow Six: Siege with my graphic card. What's better? Loved the early AC games, no idea how the newer ones were. Don't know R6 at all.

AC: Unity on PC had massive issues. I don't know if those got patched, but when that game was new, it was an ordeal, and Siege isn't out yet. You sure it's AC: Unity and not Syndicate? Seems odd they'd have last year's AC game and this year's Rainbow Six game.

Syndicate on PC is considered a huge improvement in performance over Unity, although I've played neither.

If it is indeed a choice between Unity and Siege, I'd go with Siege as at least Unity can be bought at a discount at this point. There's also a point to be made about how you want to play. If you've got a controller for 3rd person action games like the Assassins' Creed series, then that's a factor, while R6 is first person best utilized with a mouse and keyboard.

Rainbow Six is like a SWAT team game. I've played those games since Rouge Spear, and even read the book source material. If you played Ghost Recon of a comparable time, then it's a lot like that, but in close quarters. It's a sister series really. I don't know this new game however. It's probably got a lot of Call of Duty influence in there now though.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Sorry, yeah it's Syndicate.

Thanks for your input. Guess I'll check gameplay videos all night long in hope to make a decision by morning. ;)

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I don't get it.

I downloaded Fallout 4 last night (PS4). Went to bed, went to work today, excited to play it, even got home early.

Go to fire it up. Gotta install. Ok, should take less than 5 minutes, right? Wrong. 6 hours. 6 more hours. It took 6 hours last night. What the **** did I even download last night if I can't play this ****ing ****.

I don't get it, and I'm pissed. The whole point of downloading it yesterday was TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IT TODAY. It'll be done at 10 tonight. That's some ********.

UPDATE: 7 hours now. This is some ********.

Update 2: 20 hours now, and for some reason, I've gone from probably 20% or so, to 7. I could break something. At least in my situation earlier, I could watch the Lightning game, and probably have it be close to done by the time the game is over. What the **** is this ****.

Last edited:

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
I don't get it.

I downloaded Fallout 4 last night (PS4). Went to bed, went to work today, excited to play it, even got home early.

Go to fire it up. Gotta install. Ok, should take less than 5 minutes, right? Wrong. 6 hours. 6 more hours. It took 6 hours last night. What the **** did I even download last night if I can't play this ****ing ****.

I don't get it, and I'm pissed. The whole point of downloading it yesterday was TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IT TODAY. It'll be done at 10 tonight. That's some ********.

Update 2: 20 hours now, and for some reason, I've gone from probably 20% or so, to 7. I could break something. At least in my situation earlier, I could watch the Lightning game, and probably have it be close to done by the time the game is over. What the **** is this ****.

Are you using wifi with your PS4? Most of the time the download speed is a toaster.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If you haven't played Witcher 3 yet you should, amazing game!

Witcher 1 and 2 frequently go up for sale cheap. I'm personally waiting until that happens for 3.

edit: including right now. It's the GOG fall sale. Witcher 1 for $1.50, Witcher 2 for $3. http://www.gog.com/

Steam has Witcher 1 for $2, and Witcher 2 for $4 right now too.

Steam also has The Stanley Parable for $3.75 which for what it is, I highly recommend at that price. Also Super Meat Boy for $3, FEZ for $2, & Bastion for $3.75. Octodad is lighter on content, and on sale for $5, but a fiver is about the right price for that. (SMB, FEZ, Bastion, and especially Octodad are best played with a controller. You could get away with FEZ and maybe Bastion on mouse/keyboard. Stanley Parable is first person exploration, so fine with mouse/keyboard)

Not on sale, but for $1 is Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/359050/

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I don't get it.

My frustration was less than yours but I wanted to play around midnight (I'm PST so got started early on the download) and it still wasn't done by the time I was ready for bed at like 2am. Mine's also on the PS4. It's done now but I'll have to wait until after the Bolts and Stars games to finally start it. Hearing lots of good things about it at least

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
BTW if you're not watching season 2 of Fargo you are missing out on some fantastic TV. Season 1 was great and worth seeing but season 2 is another a different level.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Still getting used to Windows 10 on my new PC (have Win7 at work and on the old PC).

Do I actually get apps now? I mean what's the advantage over doing stuff in my browser instead (for example: Twitch, YouTube, banking)? Any further tips for a Win10 newbie?

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Still getting used to Windows 10 on my new PC (have Win7 at work and on the old PC).

Do I actually get apps now? I mean what's the advantage over doing stuff in my browser instead (for example: Twitch, YouTube, banking)? Any further tips for a Win10 newbie?

I have never used the apps. Seems pointless. The Edge browser is OK but I still stick with Chrome in Windows 10. It's a sweet OS overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad