All four goals by Elmer Söderblom in Frölunda U20's 6-2 victory over HV71 U20 yesterday.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He impressed me at the prospect tourney more than most guys his age would considering where he was drafted. He could develop into somethin useful

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I liked the pick, 6 rd pick you might as well pick a freak. Typically taller kids take longer to develop, but he doesn't seem to have that problem. If he turns out to be a net front presence on PP, he could be the steal of the draft.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I liked the pick, 6 rd pick you might as well pick a freak. Typically taller kids take longer to develop, but he doesn't seem to have that problem. If he turns out to be a net front presence on PP, he could be the steal of the draft.
He seems more finesse than net front.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Enough finesse to make the NHL? We'll see... A lot of guys who were scorers in juniors have taken lesser roles in higher leagues.

He's certainly got enough size to screen every goalie in the league. Needs to bulk up a little though.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
I was impressed by his skating and soft hands being 6’5. He stood out in a lot of ways in that prospect tourney

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Big guy who moves well and has some hands, it's always a good thing if you even right after the draft wonder how he slipped so far. Hope he keeps developing, we really are due for some late round pick that becomes a steal.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I finally finished up the prospects tournament videos and was super pleased with how Soderblom showed, especially at his age. Unlike most super big guys, he actually as a really good motor and keeps his feet moving. He does not sit back and wait for the play to come to him which is great to see. He also appears consistently capable of making plays with the puck while moving his feet which is great to see from a giant his age. Anyways, I like the lack of glide in his game.

Reactions: mantha39

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Yeah, I don't think so. I think he might be just fast enough to get to the net and use his reach.
But I don't see him as someone with the puck on his stick except for the ozone faceoff dots-in.

I loved the way he played in the 3 on 3 tournament.

But I don't see that kind of puck movement translating to the NHL.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I like that he's already scored 4pts in 1gp in the same league/team as he played last season Frölunda HC J20, SuperElit & only scored 17pts 9G/8A in 44gp. Usage? TOI? Improved team/linemates? maybe a bit of all of them, but a very good sign, even if it's 1gp so far. I could see him being a late round steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad