Recalled/Assigned: All-Encompassing Call-ups Thread (4/29: Thomas, 9 others recalled to NYR)

Punxrocknyc19*

why was Segal called up? he is useless at NHL level. i know he wont play but what purpose does he bring.. id rather them call up Yogan or Hrivik or someone with somewhat of a future with NYR

Punxrocknyc19*

God Segal was basically nothing. Won't be an NHLer. Would prefer Fasth or Hrivik

he is 29 years old and still in the AHL of course he wont be an NHL regular player... him and Newbury are brutal.. at least they are still trying.....it is good that they still have that slight dream of making the NHL on a regular basis.. :laugh: i guess they want to be known at NHL regulars at the age of 33... they are almost there :help: at least they dont be known as the biggest flop of their draft class..

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hard to imagine a guy like Thomas thriving in the NHL playoffs as a rookie, but you never know.

Punxrocknyc19*

alot of fans are saying that McIlrath should make Rangers in about a year or 2. honestly i doubt that happens... i bet he gets a cup of coffee with the NHL in 2014-2015 season and makes the NHL as a full time player in 2015-2016.

McIlrath needs to work out his offensive game...

Brooks Orpik spent some time in the AHL, and in his first year in the AHL had 20 pts.. i would like to see McIlrath get that at least before he makes the jump to the NHL. he has been compared at the draft to Orpik....

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=45036

45 games 0 goals 5 assist 125 PIM and +7 isnt bad for half a season but at the same time, he should get more pts in the AHL....

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116161

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He wasn't drafted to score points. Failure to record points in the AHL will not be what holds him back from making the Rangers. That's just silly. They drafted him to be a big, bruising, shut-down presence on the back end. If they feel he can do that at the NHL level, then he'll play. And if he doesn't score a point all season no one will give a ****.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
alot of fans are saying that McIlrath should make Rangers in about a year or 2. honestly i doubt that happens... i bet he gets a cup of coffee with the NHL in 2014-2015 season and makes the NHL as a full time player in 2015-2016.

McIlrath needs to work out his offensive game...

Brooks Orpik spent some time in the AHL, and in his first year in the AHL had 20 pts.. i would like to see McIlrath get that at least before he makes the jump to the NHL. he has been compared at the draft to Orpik....

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=45036

45 games 0 goals 5 assist 125 PIM and +7 isnt bad for half a season but at the same time, he should get more pts in the AHL....

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116161

He will never put up a ton of points. That is not why he was drafted. He effects the game in other ways.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He wasn't drafted to score points. Failure to record points in the AHL will not be what holds him back from making the Rangers. That's just silly. They drafted him to be a big, bruising, shut-down presence on the back end. If they feel he can do that at the NHL level, then he'll play. And if he doesn't score a point all season no one will give a ****.

Just to point out as well, Hartford didn't really have another defensive d-man outside of himself and Klassen for most of the season. He filled his role.

Also, McDonagh had 8 points in 38 AHL games. He was 1 year older than McIlrath was this season.

Punxrocknyc19*

I know he wasnt drafted to score pts.. but he should be a complete player and round out his game as best as he can without having the rest of his game fall apart... Orpik wasnt drafted to score either but still put up a few pts in the AHL.... that is all i meant by my comment.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Ugh. There's no rule that you have to put up X amount of points in the A to get the call up. Especially, as a big, nasty, defensive d-man. McIlrath was fine and will only get better.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I know he wasnt drafted to score pts.. but he should be a complete player and round out his game as best as he can without having the rest of his game fall apart... Orpik wasnt drafted to score either but still put up a few pts in the AHL.... that is all i meant by my comment.

So even if the team thinks he can be a difference maker on defense sometime next season, they're going to leave him in Hartford for the whole year, and then ANOTHER season as well? Because that makes sense...

:propeller

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
So even if the team thinks he can be a difference maker on defense sometime next season, they're going to leave him in Hartford for the whole year, and then ANOTHER season as well? Because that makes sense...

:propeller
"You must have this many points to get called up. Better luck next year"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad