Recalled/Assigned: All-Encompassing Call-ups Thread (4/29: Thomas, 9 others recalled to NYR)

Jarkko Immonen

#42 Artem Anisimov
Oct 23, 2005
Connecticut
why do teams sign players like this to NHL contracts especially if they dont have any NHL skill or a chance of being an NHL player even as a spare?? wouldnt it be better if teams signed players like this to an AHL contract so it saves an NHL contract. i doubt teams would be lining up for players like these... :help:

I think the idea is to provide some veteran leadership for the young guys. But yeah, I don't know, they also signed Logan Pyett and had Mike Vernace. Though I wouldn't say Collins is really taking a young guy's spot (would love to see Niemi used a lot more going forward) because there's not too many young defenseman in the system at this level just yet. That's one reason Kundratek supposedly asked for a trade. He was stupidly buried below Bickel/Nightingale.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
snyrangerblog says Eminger is recalled

must meen DZ is questionable

I want to remind everyone the team got 9 of 10 pts then Nash, Powe went down, Asham was out last night and now maybe DZ

It does'nt help in the last two games having to play Mashinter, Bickel and one of the kids Kreider/Miller.............not blaming those guys but just pointing out the last few games have been a struggle and injuries may be playign a part

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
hopefully just a precaution in case del zotto and asham both cant play tomorrow night, but del zotto "limping and noticeably banged up" doesnt sound good.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Christian Thomas

According to Jason Wilson's tweet seems NYR recalled Thomas.

"Jason Wilson ‏@sirjwilly
Big shout out to my teammate @cpt27 and former teammate and good friend @Dreamer_Aliu78 for being called up to the #NHL. Well deserved."

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Yeah I'm stoked to see him. Even if it's for PP time, kid has a rocket of a shot from what I've read.

Punxrocknyc19*

hmm....i dunno what to make of this... he better get ice time. he would be useless on the 3rd and 4th line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad