AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Also after the thing with Sammy and Jeff Hardy no way Ospreay does any other type of move if it was a legit injury.

Reactions: CDJ

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Young Clowns with the help of Mr. Irrelevant beat FTR? I guess when you are one of the bosses I guess you can book yourself however you want. The crowd may be done with Chris Jericho, I am beyond done with Young Clowns and Jack Enhancement Talent.

Danielson/Osperay. End any and all MOTY debate. Danielson/Osperay is the MOTY.

Swerve winning is cool.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Young Clowns with the help of Mr. Irrelevant beat FTR? I guess when you are one of the bosses I guess you can book yourself however you want. The crowd may be done with Chris Jericho, I am beyond done with Young Clowns and Jack Enhancement Talent.

Danielson/Osperay. End any and all MOTY debate. Danielson/Osperay is the MOTY.

Swerve winning is cool.

I think it was done pretty well. I personally am just tired of the Bucks / FTR going back and forth. They have plenty of tag teams. Use them.

I will say though FTR and The Bucks always deliver though.

Reactions: MAHJ71 and Fro

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
At this point in Ospreay’s career, there needs to be a let me up match after he wrestles, if he’s not in the main event. He’s going to kill the crowd (in a good way) every time.
I can’t think of a match he’s had in the last few years that hasn’t blown me away

Reactions: MAHJ71

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How long of a run do you give Swerve before you rightfully put the belt on Ospreay?
Idk…. I feel like ospreay doesn’t need a belt right now…. I’d give swerve some time as a champ.

I do think you need to start building okada/takashita/ Jay white as a championship threat.

Potentially mjf/omega returns

I’d want all those guys available and ready when ospreay is champ

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Was just reading through the results...what's the difference/hierarchy of:

Continental Championship
TNT Championship
International Championship
FTW Championship

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I can’t think of a match he’s had in the last few years that hasn’t blown me away

His in-ring charisma is insane. He no sells finishers like Hulk Hogan and the live crowd just eats it up. It’s to the point that Danielson got booed at times last night.

He’s good on the mic, has a memorable entrance and the crowd participation elements (Ospreay! Ospreay!). It’s all there.

We’re watching an time great in his prime. Enjoying the hell out of it.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It depends on who holds them. The International belt is not closing a PPV if Roderick Strong is holding it; it did when Orange Cassidy was the champ. Okada and the continental belt? That could happen. Ditto Copeland and the TNT championship.

The Tazzverse is not large enough for the FTW title to be a meaningful prop.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Finally seeing the last 2 matches...FTR/YB was a good, not great ladder match....Dax' cut was bad!

Swerve/Joe was really good, had the thought Joe would win after Cole walked to ring earlier...then the full face turn for Swerve could happen and the full chase towards the belt over the next year...but this still is excellent and works

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
His in-ring charisma is insane. He no sells finishers like Hulk Hogan and the live crowd just eats it up. It’s to the point that Danielson got booed at times last night.

He’s good on the mic, has a memorable entrance and the crowd participation elements (Ospreay! Ospreay!). It’s all there.

We’re watching an time great in his prime. Enjoying the hell out of it.

Him popping up after a move just to blast someone with a hidden blade is one of my favorite moves in wrestling. Always keeps you on the edge of your seat and he only does it occasionally.

Him "retiring" the Storm Driver will make it amazing when he brings it out again. We've also yet to see a Storm Breakers since he signed full time with AEW.

I'd say he's the best in the world and he'll go down as one of the best of all time.

Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was just reading through the results...what's the difference/hierarchy of:

Continental Championship
TNT Championship
International Championship
FTW Championship

FTW is a nothing belt to me....but I think international and continental are just. Behind TNT

Just my opinion

The FTW belt is meaningless. The other three basically change places based off who is currently holding the belt. TNT has the most history at this point though.
FTW is not an official title

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
International title was on top during OC's first reign. TNT rose to that prominence during Christian Cage's reign. Hard to argue against the Continental title being #2 at the moment because of Okada. Edge having the TNT title makes it pretty big too. I love Roddy, but he's a bit behind those guys.

Reactions: DaaaaB's and SnS

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Had an absolute blast. Didn’t think seeing Ospreay-Takeshita live could be topped, but Ospreay-Danielson did it - albeit it’s so damn close for me. Overall just feel lucky to have seen both in person. Atmosphere managed to be even crazier for Ospreay-Danielson despite having half the crowd size.

Attachments

• IMG_5150.jpeg
    IMG_5150.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5126.jpeg
    IMG_5126.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5078.jpeg
    IMG_5078.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 2

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Had an absolute blast. Didn’t think seeing Ospreay-Takeshita live could be topped, but Ospreay-Danielson did it - albeit it’s so damn close for me. Overall just feel lucky to have seen both in person. Atmosphere managed to be even crazier for Ospreay-Danielson despite having half the crowd size.

Greensboro and St. Louis were back to back some of the best crowds AEW have had yet. Considering you've been at both shows, I'm gonna credit you with that!

I wish Double or Nothing wasn't in Vegas. Their crowd is pretty lukewarm.

Reactions: SnS, Fro and MAHJ71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Greensboro and St. Louis were back to back some of the best crowds AEW have had yet. Considering you've been at both shows, I'm gonna credit you with that!

I wish Double or Nothing wasn't in Vegas. Their crowd is pretty lukewarm.
Hope to eventually make it to a DON, but Vegas is just too damn expensive these days.. lol

St Louis & Greensboro way easier on the wallet.. being within driving distance from Columbus helps a lot.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Reactions: MAHJ71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad