AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
90% of the talent are loyal to their pocket books in both companies. It's not a big deal
Pocket book plus just needing a change of scenery sometimes even if just for a few years like Cody or MacIntyre. Going elsewhere for a bit did wonders for those two.

I don't read much stuff about wrestling online other than here but it kind of blows my mind that anyone would think the wrestlers from the two companies would dislike each other. Like typically even NFL and NHL players don't hate the guys on the other teams even tho they're actually competing against each other. A lot of these wrestlers have worked together in the past and know they might again in the future. I'm sure they just view the other company as a potential future employer. Maybe not Eddie Kingston but any sane wrestler.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Pocket book plus just needing a change of scenery sometimes even if just for a few years like Cody or MacIntyre. Going elsewhere for a bit did wonders for those two.

I don't read much stuff about wrestling online other than here but it kind of blows my mind that anyone would think the wrestlers from the two companies would dislike each other. Like typically even NFL and NHL players don't hate the guys on the other teams even tho they're actually competing against each other. A lot of these wrestlers have worked together in the past and know they might again in the future. I'm sure they just view the other company as a potential future employer. Maybe not Eddie Kingston but any sane wrestler.

The bulk of the wrestlers are all friends between companies. Bayley and Naomi were at Dynamite for Mercedes and I expect Mercedes will be in a sky box at Mania for Bayley too.

Plenty of guys in WWE are good friends with The Elite, including Cody. There are definitely some wrestlers who are very rah rah for their company, but I think most of them just want to make a living doing what they love and aren't looking to crush the other company or anything like that and don't have an issue working for WWE or AEW.

I actually think more then a few would love the idea of the two companies openly working together. Never going to happen, but it's not the talent blocking that.

Most of the tribalism comes from fans and the dirt sheets. Some of the wrestlers tap into it, but they largely just do it to work the internet a bit and get some engagement.

Mercedes picked what she felt was the best offer on her table both money and creative freedom wise.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
The bulk of the wrestlers are all friends between companies. Bayley and Naomi were at Dynamite for Mercedes and I expect Mercedes will be in a sky box at Mania for Bayley too.

Plenty of guys in WWE are good friends with The Elite, including Cody. There are definitely some wrestlers who are very rah rah for their company, but I think most of them just want to make a living doing what they love and aren't looking to crush the other company or anything like that and don't have an issue working for WWE or AEW.

I actually think more then a few would love the idea of the two companies openly working together. Never going to happen, but it's not the talent blocking that.

Most of the tribalism comes from fans and the dirt sheets. Some of the wrestlers tap into it, but they largely just do it to work the internet a bit and get some engagement.

Mercedes picked what she felt was the best offer on her table both money and creative freedom wise.
I agree completely and I think some of the rah rah shit is just to get the fans going or work the internet like you said. Like MJF has taken shots at WWE on live tv but I can guarantee he doesn't actually dislike the company and there's a good chance he works for them someday.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
1710565439504.png

I'm guessing something is up with Mox or Claudio because them not being in the tournament is weird. Either way, this bracket is an indirect way of saying FTR/Bucks 4 at Dynasty.

Reactions: TD Charlie

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Mega is now throwing out NDA’s to victims of domestic abuse now so they don’t talk about how AEW employed her abuser?

It would be like if the bruins did that with Lucic’s wife. Do they understand how bad this makes them look? Like nobody reasonable would’ve been like “AEW supports wife beaters”, they immediately fired Whitmer. Paying off the victim and silencing her with an NDA makes them look way worse!!! Way better off doing nothing unless there was truly something they needed to hide.

Last edited:

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Mega is now throwing out NDA’s to victims of domestic abuse now so they don’t talk about how they employed her abuser?

It would be like if the bruins did that with Lucic’s wife. Do they understand how bad this makes them look? Like nobody reasonable would’ve been like “AEW supports wife beaters”, they immediately fired Whitmer. Paying off the victim and silencing her with an NDA makes them look way worse!!! Way better off doing nothing unless there was truly something they needed to hide.
Mega? Clairify please.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I believe it is Megha Parekh, and she stepped back from her AEW duties back in the fall and was focusing just on the Jaguars, supposedly
Word, this would’ve happened under her watch then as it’s in regards to BJ Whitmer’s DV case from I believe the summer. On one hand I want to believe the company was just doing something nice for a DV victim but then why would you make them sign an nda? Just makes them look so bad and raises questions

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Word, this would’ve happened under her watch then as it’s in regards to BJ Whitmer’s DV case from I believe the summer. On one hand I want to believe the company was just doing something nice for a DV victim but then why would you make them sign an nda? Just makes them look so bad and raises questions

It seems like AEW/Tony does not want any loose ends or surprises to come out down the line, but yeah it does make it look like they are hiding something

Reactions: CDJ

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
It could have been coincidence, but I choose to believe it was intentional and Danielson was being a master level troll during his backstage segment talking about Ospreay and constantly glancing to his left the same way Ospreay did on dynamite.

Other than his awesome match with Shibata, not much else to comment on about collission.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I love Edge, but I feel like he has cut that promo multiple times since he came back from retirement.

I feel like my dawg Edge needs to chill out a bit and wrestle some guys with mutual respect. I feel like so many of his feuds lead to his opponent escalating it rapidly.

With how he responded to Garcia's challenge a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna say it's a him problem. Christian is right!! :laugh:

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Infantry winning was .... bad. They weren't put over; they didn't look good at all. Not sure what was the thinking behind that because HOB looked like monsters.

Infantry looked f***ing awful in that match. I understand upsets, I'm all for that from time to time, but in many cases the underdog comes out looking good. Not this case.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Infantry winning was .... bad. They weren't put over; they didn't look good at all. Not sure what was the thinking behind that because HOB looked like monsters.

Infantry looked f***ing awful in that match. I understand upsets, I'm all for that from time to time, but in many cases the underdog comes out looking good. Not this case.
I agree, maybe Buddy and Malaki are really on their way out.

and they are likely not going to build anything for Infantry.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad