AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This was the match i was most concerned about them overthinking. HOB needed it desperately. The best part here is they can run with the trios titles for a bit, and when it’s time to transition i hope the keep King and Matthews as the HOB as a tag team, and give Black a singles push. There’s more than enough talent to make that work.

MJF kicked him in the dick to gain back to back pinfalls, and used an oxygen tank for the OT winner. There’s plenty of story left.

I was expecting a tie, period. So i was happy to be semi swerved with the extra time. Even still i felt like they both did enough that i really wasn’t sure how it was gonna end. The pacing was perfect, and the final 15 minutes was high stakes high tension wrestling at its finest. They nailed it.
MJF has a story with everybody unfinished because he’s never won clean. By that standard, he should still be fighting Mox.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
MJF has a story with everybody unfinished because he’s never won clean. By that standard, he should still be fighting Mox.
Perhaps. I just think a 65 minute banger with a couple cheap maneuvers warrants another match. Wouldn’t hate a cage match. Mox is now coming off a clean loss to Page and doesn’t have much else going on, so he could easily take time away from tv. They could probably position Page as a contender, but I don’t think that’s worth it right now.

It’s Danielson for now IMO. Adam Cole can challenge in a few months.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Perhaps. I just think a 65 minute banger with a couple cheap maneuvers warrants another match. Wouldn’t hate a cage match. Mox is now coming off a clean loss to Page and doesn’t have much else going on, so he could easily take time away from tv. They could probably position Page as a contender, but I don’t think that’s worth it right now.

It’s Danielson for now IMO. Adam Cole can challenge in a few months.
The way I see things, they’re setting up Adam Cole to win it off him.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
I could seem them building some feuds around the IWGP US Title (im pretty sure he has that still?) leading to him vs Osprey at Forbidden Door 2

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
My least favorite team in AEW right now is the Butcher and the Blade. I know it's easy to jump on the Gunn Club, but I get so tired of AEW claiming these two dorks are dangerous when their only TV victory was against QT Marshall three years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad