AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
This was a very meh PPV until the Stadium Stampede. That was fantastic. Marked for Matt Hardy V1.

Brian Cage has a chance to be a star if the do a long slow build before the title shot. Let him throw around Marko Stunt and Pineapple Pete and the like for a few weeks and then start a mid card feud with someone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tony Khan said that Moxley vs Brian Cage for the title is scheduled for Fyter Fest, whenever that may be. It was supposed to be their London debut

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I thought the ppv was decent but wasn't happy to see Cody beat Archer. I think it would've been smarter to build Archer up more before having him lose. I also thought Spears should've went over Dustin or at least look strong in defeat but that certainly didn't happen. Not very smart booking imo.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I thought the ppv was decent but wasn't happy to see Cody beat Archer. I think it would've been smarter to build Archer up more before having him lose. I also thought Spears should've went over Dustin or at least look strong in defeat but that certainly didn't happen. Not very smart booking imo.

agreed completely

have been able to see some of the ppv now. I say it all the time but MJF is the best thing in professional wrestling. At least in America.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I thought that that was a pretty good event given the current situation. I liked that they mixed up the format of the ladder match a bit and Cage is a good choice as someone AEW can build up. Rhodes versus Archer was fine, Rhodes did the best with what was available to him. I don't have an issue with the victor there. I liked Dustin Rhodes beating Spears because Spears just isn't any good, though I did laugh at Tully's cameo. Shida is the correct champion for AEW's women's division so that's a good decision. MJF is still coming along as a wrestler but I liked his match and as always he brings some entertainment. As long as he maintains an upward trajectory I am pleased. Moxley had to win his match but I would have liked to have seen some Dark Order shenanigans in order to save face. The stadium match was pretty entertaining and given the current situation with no fans I like what they did. Nothing wrong with a little fun, and I really liked Hardy in this setting.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also this is more of an aside because I’ve seen it on YouTube but disco inferno has some real balls criticizing anything mjf does. Bro you’re disco inferno, what are you even talking about?? It’s like a dog turd telling a lilac it smells bad

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jim Cornette probably had a conniption that Jericho (in his mind) lowered himself to this

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Oh corny is gonna have a stroke watching that

These are weird times though, I think that was as good of a match as can be had given the lack of a crowd. It really is nuts how much of a difference a crowd makes in wrestling

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
At this point I’m certain that Sammy Guevara is gonna be a huge star for AEW; he’s just too damn good.

actually same with MJF and Jungle Boy(who’s a distant third here)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Oh corny is gonna have a stroke watching that

These are weird times though, I think that was as good of a match as can be had given the lack of a crowd. It really is nuts how much of a difference a crowd makes in wrestling

Yup, he hated it so much he even called Vince Russo by his real name

I like Cornette but I’m not really sure what he expects with the situation we’re in as a society. Especially since the style of wrestling he enjoys pretty much requires a crowd.

Like I said the other day I think it’s tough to currently put together something more entertaining than that whackadoo match. I don’t see it becoming the norm and because of that I am more willing to embrace it for what it is- a creative attempt to overcome the circumstances we are currently in. And I think it succeeded in doing so to most people.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'm pretty interested in seeing if they can carry the Young Bucks to something good. Big add for AEW's tag division.
I mean the Young Bucks were in like the best match of 2020 so far(stateside anyways). So saying they need to be carried to a good match is a rather ridiculous statement lol.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I mean the Young Bucks were in like the best match of 2020 so far(stateside anyways). So saying they need to be carried to a good match is a rather ridiculous statement lol.

Well like maybe I mean you think that (yikes lol) but I mean not everyone is going to agree, but like hopefully FTR can carry them to something good for once lol.

Reactions: Kaner9

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Well like maybe I mean you think that (yikes lol) but I mean not everyone is going to agree, but like hopefully FTR can carry them to something good for once lol.
I said like once in my post and you just decided to be a condescending jackass for no reason at all :laugh: Grow up. I didn't realize Jim Cornette had an HF account though.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I said like once in my post and you just decided to be a condescending jackass for no reason at all :laugh: Grow up. I didn't realize Jim Cornette had an HF account though.

Yikes :laugh: I mean next time what I can only guess is like a young child or something jumps in to like correct a problematic opinion with a very official opinion I mean I guess I just gotta take it seriously. 10/10 recognition of Cornette too!

In any event, the contrast could be interesting though I'm pessimistic that the right team will lead. FTR, terrible name and all, is good enough to carry them to something quite good I imagine. Even if it's a bad match it might be interesting just to see which team adapts more.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yikes :laugh: I mean next time what I can only guess is like a young child or something jumps in to like correct a problematic opinion with a very official opinion I mean I guess I just gotta take it seriously. 10/10 recognition of Cornette too!

In any event, the contrast could be interesting though I'm pessimistic that the right team will lead. FTR, terrible name and all, is good enough to carry them to something quite good I imagine. Even if it's a bad match it might be interesting just to see which team adapts more.
What are you even going on about? You are essentially just the old man yelling at the crowds at this point. I disagreed with your opinion and it seems to have set you off. If you can't have a normal conversation with someone just ignore it big guy.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
What are you even going on about? You are essentially just the old man yelling at the crowds at this point. I disagreed with your opinion and it seems to have set you off. If you can't have a normal conversation with someone just ignore it big guy.

I am going on about (or yelling at... "crowds") your poor attempt at an authoritative post. Make better posts if you expect better responses rather that taking a stand about one opinion with another of no greater substance all while writing in the manner of a kid.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bucks and hardy vs private party and Janela was a train wreck imo

I love Britt baker and everybody associated with that match that broke her leg should be thrown in prison

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Bucks and hardy vs private party and Janela was a train wreck imo

I love Britt baker and everybody associated with that match that broke her leg should be thrown in prison

But, now there is Baker in a wheelchair to enjoy at the very least. If Bret Hart, Linda McMahon, Ron Wright, and even Batista have taught us anything it's that wheelchairs make for entertaining wrestling story options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad