AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Nah, a guy who respects the business unlike Goldberg.
I liked sting when he was the gm in tna. He would be good in that role in aew. Or a manager that takes a few bumps. Signing sting can only be good thing. I can guarantee aew's numbers will be way above nxt this week

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I am very interested to see where this is going with Kenny.

Imagine Kenny is showing up on WWE and Vince is behind everything. Vince is actually a genius.

Wrestle mania Kenny vs Roman and Roman wins lol

but being serious I’m excited to see this Kenny title run. It’s going to be for a while, longer than Moxley I think.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Being a fan of both shows last week was one of those game changing episodes where AEW propelled itself outside anything NXT can do. What I mean is that simply NXT cannot reach the level of AEW no matter what they do. AEW has another level. And that's promising for wrestling because NXT is a very solid show if they stay away from raw/sd tropes. AEW is really finding its own and been consistent.

But AEW took a step to the next galaxy, IMO. NXT can no longer match that height so it's now on to Raw/SD.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I thought Dark Order calling Dustin Rhodes “Seven” was funny. Need more WCW callbacks lol

Omega needs to dial back the corniness just one notch and it was a fantastic heel promo imo. He’s definitely much more interesting as a heel

Thank god they didn’t job MJF out to orange cassidy

I have no idea wtf they are doing with Lance Archer

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I liked the bit where Hager and Wardlow accused one another of staring at each other.

I laughed pretty hard. Jericho intervening in that argument was funny too

They do wrestling comedy better than anybody else at the moment. Sometimes it’s a bit much but for the most part it’s well placed

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I guess I don't get the need to partner with a nearly dead wrestling brand to try to attract their 100K viewers, who are probably all watching your show anyways.

Reactions: CDJ and Khelandros

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I guess I don't get the need to partner with a nearly dead wrestling brand to try to attract their 100K viewers, who are probably all watching your show anyways.

they definitely don’t need to, I think they’re just doing it so they can put together a few decent matches for the fans. Young Bucks vs Gallows/Anderson. Callihan vs Moxley in a mud show match lol

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I thought Dark Order calling Dustin Rhodes “Seven” was funny. Need more WCW callbacks lol

Omega needs to dial back the corniness just one notch and it was a fantastic heel promo imo. He’s definitely much more interesting as a heel

Thank god they didn’t job MJF out to orange cassidy

I have no idea wtf they are doing with Lance Archer

He's needed to dial it back since the promotion started. I'm not convinced that he can cut a decent heel promo at all and this episode did nothing to change that. I'm liking his overall demeanour though and if Callis handles 90% of the talking then this could be solid. If Omega puts on some good matches, which seems likely, then I'll be good with this title run.

The Shaq stuff is also very, very WWE. I haven't likes Rhodes' stuff lately.

Reactions: CDJ

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis

This is more of that nearly dead wrestling brand wanting to get more viewers interested into their product.

Impact has a decent talent pool and is mostly competent (besides too much Tommy Dreamer), but years of bad ideas and questionable decisions eroded their place in the industry.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Miro is one of the guys that AEW has made worse.

"He likes video games."

That's his character.

Yeah he seems pretty clueless. I imagine that AEW is letting him largely do what he wants... but that has not been a good thing to this point. He's been awful. It's hard to see that gimmick going anywhere decent as it's sort of a more pathetic version of what Omega already does.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah he seems pretty clueless. I imagine that AEW is letting him largely do what he wants... but that has not been a good thing to this point. He's been awful. It's hard to see that gimmick going anywhere decent as it's sort of a more pathetic version of what Omega already does.

Didn't CM Punk talk about him in that interview he did after leaving WWE? He said something about the Royal Rumble and how he went to Rusev and told him that he (Punk) would be the biggest name in the ring when he entered so Rusev should do something to him when he first got in the ring to stand out.

He said Miro was talking about stomping him in the corner or something and Punk was like, no you have to do something that will get you noticed and help you get over, you're entering the match and all eyes will be on you, it's your biggest opportunity.

He seems to not have the instincts to get over without someone plotting the course for him.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Didn't CM Punk talk about him in that interview he did after leaving WWE? He said something about the Royal Rumble and how he went to Rusev and told him that he (Punk) would be the biggest name in the ring when he entered so Rusev should do something to him when he first got in the ring to stand out.

He said Miro was talking about stomping him in the corner or something and Punk was like, no you have to do something that will get you noticed and help you get over, you're entering the match and all eyes will be on you, it's your biggest opportunity.

He seems to not have the instincts to get over without someone plotting the course for him.

I never heard that before but it makes perfect sense. He might be a guy with several tools but not much of a toolbox. It might also be a case where he didn't wrestle all that much before going to WWE, and once you're in WWE it seems that the opportunity to be creative or get yourself over is quite limited. He may never have developed those instincts, as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad