All-Canadian Hockey Pool

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I wanted to see if there was any interest in creating a pool/league in which owners only had the rights to Canadian hockey players. It would put an interesting twist on your classic hockey pool. Here are the rules I was thinking of:

- Keeper league

- About 7 or 8 owners to start off

- 10 forwards, 4 dmen, 2 goalies per team

- After every season, you can only keep half of your forwards, dmen and goalies, but all of your prospects

- Those prospects would be identified at the start of each season and would be young player your team would be looking to keep for future seasons once they break out

- Counting only goals (1), assists (1) for skaters and wins (2), shutouts (3) for goalies

- Trades would be permitted between GMs

- Each off-season we would redraft our teams with the worst reg season team having the top pick.

- Only players who are drafted/sign into the NHL can be drafted. For exemple last June nobody would have been able to add Eichel or McDavid to their prospect list. In June 2015 they will be able to.

SINCE WE'RE ALREADY IN JANUARY, I WAS THINKING ABOUT DRAFTING OUR TEAMS BUT ALWAYS KEEPING IN MIND THAT THE LEAGUE REAL START WOULD BE 2015-16. WE WOULD STILL HAVE A 'MOCK' SEASON RIGHT NOW, PROBABLY STARTING IN LATE JANUARY ONCE WE DRAFT OUR OPENING SQUAD. BUT IT WOULD JUST BE FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS MORE LIKELY AND TO TEST OUT THE LEAGUE/WRITE THE RULES NEATLY.

Anyone up for this ?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
No.

Hopefully at least.

It's too nationalistic in the sense that it TURNS ITS BACK on every other country and filters out anyone not Canadian.

Eugenics-writ-hockey-fantasy.

Arggh.

Is this what the WJC spawns?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
No.

Hopefully at least.

It's too nationalistic in the sense that it TURNS ITS BACK on every other country and filters out anyone not Canadian.

Eugenics-writ-hockey-fantasy.

Arggh.

Is this what the WJC spawns?

It's just for fun. Are you serious?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad