Status
Not open for further replies.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
A lot of people, self included, were getting ready to write off the year as a rebuilding year at the end of last month. Then the B's ripped off a 7-1-3 record in January, thus far (one more game tomorrow). Now I'm wondering if with a few tweaks and some luck with health if we can't come out of the East again.

I still think Chiarelli shot himself in the foot with the Boychuk deal; as with him this team would need very little, if anything (still depending on if Pastranak is for real this year). Now, he has some assets to fill that gap and get some better depth for a run.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this team near the top again, although I would be equally not surprised to see them slide again.

Strange year thus far.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Agree, just don't know if the Bruins that give a **** will show up crunch time..I think they need some sort of new blood.

agree which is why I think Kassian on the 4th line type move might make a difference. Get the team playing with more Jam when it matters. I don't want that to be the only move but I think its a step in the right direction.

would love to get a legit #1 winger for Lucic and DK but still think this team can give anyone a run for their money with a few tweaks.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
agree which is why I think Kassian on the 4th line type move might make a difference. Get the team playing with more Jam when it matters. I don't want that to be the only move but I think its a step in the right direction.

would love to get a legit #1 winger for Lucic and DK but still think this team can give anyone a run for their money with a few tweaks.

Since Julien is the coach, only one team was able to beat the Bruins in less than 7 and it took a collosal collapse in game 6 against the Hawks...

The Bruins are a very tough team to beat in the playoffs. It will not change come April as they will want to redeem themselves after the very disapointing loss to the lowly Habs last year...

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Since Julien is the coach, only one team was able to beat the Bruins in less than 7 and it took a collosal collapse in game 6 against the Hawks...

The Bruins are a very tough team to beat in the playoffs. It will not change come April as they will want to redeem themselves after the very disapointing loss to the lowly Habs last year...

I like the way you think

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
A lot of people, self included, were getting ready to write off the year as a rebuilding year at the end of last month. Then the B's ripped off a 7-1-3 record in January, thus far (one more game tomorrow). Now I'm wondering if with a few tweaks and some luck with health if we can't come out of the East again.

I still think Chiarelli shot himself in the foot with the Boychuk deal; as with him this team would need very little, if anything (still depending on if Pastranak is for real this year). Now, he has some assets to fill that gap and get some better depth for a run.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this team near the top again, although I would be equally not surprised to see them slide again.

Strange year thus far.

For me the thing that bothers is that before the season they said (julien/chia) we want the cup, you can't just say that and destroy this team piece by piece, for the last few years we have only lost players without replacing them. (thornton,iginla, horton,boychuk) They need to make those few tweaks soon so they can be a cup contending team.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I see Subban now up with Bruins N Sveddy down.It better not be to showcase him to make a trade.Make no mistake Malcolm Subban is the real deal and they move him they are NUTS.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Is anything in this thread beneath board? Would you?

Seguin is better player on offence for sure.But that move would cost Bruins leadership. ,heart, their best 2 way forward and the wrath of fans ..Would make Chia look bad for moving Seguin in 1st place to.I say never happen and if it did Bruins be weaker team.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Is anything in this thread beneath board? Would you?

I'm looking at it which one wins you more games, more rounds, stanley cups. Seguin does score alot but he's no bergy. You can play bergy on every situation and he's damm good at everything. Seguin won't save a goal, won't sacrifice he's body to block a shot like bergy.
I don't like that player is automatically better if he has more points.

Also bergy's leadership value is huge, that man is the heart of the bruins. + Seguin couldn't put these number on boston, dallas is a scoring first team when boston is defense comes first.
And then you have to ask the question which one would you choose first to play for you on game 7 stanley cup finals.

Don't get me wrong I hate that we lost seguin and hope the best for him but bergy is a player you trade for no one.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm looking at it which one wins you more games, more rounds, stanley cups. Seguin does score alot but he's no bergy. You can play bergy on every situation and he's damm good at everything. Seguin won't save a goal, won't sacrifice he's body to block a shot like bergy.
I don't like that player is automatically better if he has more points.

Also bergy's leadership value is huge, that man is the heart of the bruins. + Seguin couldn't put these number on boston, dallas is a scoring first team when boston is defense comes first.
And then you have to ask the question which one would you choose first to play for you on game 7 stanley cup finals.

Don't get me wrong I hate that we lost seguin and hope the best for him but bergy is a player you trade for no one.

Only part that scares me is if Boston is defence 1st why did they give up 45 shots last game ?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Only part that scares me is if Boston is defence 1st why did they give up 45 shots last game ?

Chara and seidenberg have both suffered biggish lower body injuries, + they're starting to get old, which you can see clearly when we play against faster teams. We lost boychuk without adding anyone, hamilton is just 21 and has made ton of mistakes lately, krug is dangerous in the own zone, McQuaid has suffered too many injuries which are slowing him down, bart/miller aren't just good enough. So the problem is that they (julien) want to be D first but the talent isn't there.

So again I'll say this we need a #4D and we can be last years Kings eastern cousin.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
For me the thing that bothers is that before the season they said (julien/chia) we want the cup, you can't just say that and destroy this team piece by piece, for the last few years we have only lost players without replacing them. (thornton,iginla, horton,boychuk) They need to make those few tweaks soon so they can be a cup contending team.

See what you mean but to be fair Iggy replaced Horton, though they then didn't replace Iggy so same deal..

I see Subban now up with Bruins N Sveddy down.It better not be to showcase him to make a trade.Make no mistake Malcolm Subban is the real deal and they move him they are NUTS.

I don't believe in showcasing (because what if they get injured or suck...) but only way I can see them dealing Subban is if they know they are going to stick with Rask for the rest of his contract and Subban will be ready long before the end of that. Having said that, it's shortsighted to assume Rask will never get injured or decline in which case you need a good back up plan (in terms of a #1 goalie) so I wonder if Rask doesn't get injured or decline if they would consider playing each 41 games during the future seasons then go with the hot hand in the playoffs? (so Subban doesn't go to waste as a possible #1G talent)

Chara and seidenberg have both suffered biggish lower body injuries, + they're starting to get old, which you can see clearly when we play against faster teams. We lost boychuk without adding anyone, hamilton is just 21 and has made ton of mistakes lately, krug is dangerous in the own zone, McQuaid has suffered too many injuries which are slowing him down, bart/miller aren't just good enough. So the problem is that they (julien) want to be D first but the talent isn't there.

This is a good point and hope it is addressed in the off season as that should be an embarrassment to the front office, I mean, if they pride themselves on D and all...

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

REALLY? Where???

Go after Sekera/Methot to bolster D and have Miller sit, first and foremost, if they can get a forward before trade deadline then so be it, but we need help down back first and foremost.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
See what you mean but to be fair Iggy replaced Horton, though they then didn't replace Iggy so same deal..

and that's my point. Chia's negotiation skills are killing this team, all year long we've had ahl players in the #1 rw spot because of Iginla's killer 1 year deal.
I love pasta and will love him playing on that #1 rw spot but the guy is 18 year old rookie, that's not fair on him.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Neither team would do it, but we most likely win in the long hall.

Bergeron probably is close to an 80 point player there with Benn while providing the best forward defense in hockey. Some Dallas fans were claiming it would take Bergeron and Hamilton to acquire Seguin. I was wondering what Seguin was giving them the last 5 weeks while his goal scoring drought continued.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Strange year thus far.

We all pointed it out back in the terrible streak of hockey:

Chiarelli:'Players are playing so poorly we need them to play better to increase their value'

When they are playing better:

Chiarelli:'No need to make changes.'

I'm paraphrasing of course but the idea and sentiment was out there back in this thread.

This team cannot rely on:

1. Regrouping behind the Bruins net with D to D passes.
2. Cycling down deep then passing to the point.
3. Slow group breakout.
4. Shots from the point providing all the offense.

Nothing has changed. Miller and Krug's two goals last night are more proof. A team like Montreal simply pressures the D to not be able to pass behind the Bruins net (Tavares last night against Chara) and then block the shooting lanes from the point. In a best of seven it has proven (1 goal in game 6 and 7 combined) to neutralize the Boston Bruins.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
REALLY? Where???

Go after Sekera/Methot to bolster D and have Miller sit, first and foremost, if they can get a forward before trade deadline then so be it, but we need help down back first and foremost.

Yea saw it today on sportsnet.Link now up by our fine crew here at H/f boards.I agree with you 100% to on back end.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
we need defense.
how many leads have we blown??
its obvious we need a top 2-3 guy. and prob another 4-5 guy.
then grab some cheap winger to play in the top 9.
someone who can get under the habs skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad