Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Bruins lose to the habs if they meet with this lineup. Easily.

Like the easy loss in 7 last year?

There's nothing easy about beating the Bruins. And if Reilly Smith gets his touch at RW1 and it goes Loui RW2 and Pasta RW3 on Yeti's wing, that's going to be a real ***** to beat. Could see Chiarelli unloading on his top 4 Dman then, and leaving the forwards to just adding depth.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

There's nothing easy about beating the Bruins. And if Reilly Smith gets his touch at RW1 and it goes Loui RW2 and Pasta RW3 on Yeti's wing, that's going to be a real ***** to beat. Could see Chiarelli unloading on his top 4 Dman then, and leaving the forwards to just adding depth.

Did the Bruins even break a sweat in games 6 and 7 ?

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Did the Bruins even break a sweat in games 6 and 7 ?

I left the Garden after Game 5 thinking wow how resilient our guys were and that we had the momentum. They were a complete embarrassment in games 6 & 7. Unbelievable. It's baffling how they could not get up for those two games.

Last year I went to all the Bs regular season home games vs Habs. The games were bad. Real bad. There doesn't seem to be as big a gap this year. As the teams stand today I think Canadiens take it in 7.

Last edited:

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
You hit the nail on the head

I left the Garden after Game 5 thinking wow how resilient our guys were and that we had the momentum. They were a complete embarrassment in games 6 & 7. Unbelievable. It's baffling how they could not get up for those two games.

Last year I went to all the Bs regular season home games vs Habs. The games were bad. Real bad. There doesn't seem to be as big a gap this year. As the teams stand today I think Canadiens take it in 7.

Bruins players also left the Garden after Game 5 thinking how resilient they are and that they have the momentum.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I see what the Sabres are doing:laugh:

Stewart has 4 goals in last 4 games but they are all on the power play

I'd take him for a fourth rounder or a guy like Florek but other than that hold on to those second round picks and wait till 3 PM on trade deadline day

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

If you really believe they weren't up for games 6 & 7 in a playoff series against the Canadiens, you should advocate for a complete dismantling of the team and front office.

Playing badly isn't the same as not being up to play.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I see what the Sabres are doing:laugh:

Stewart has 4 goals in last 4 games but they are all on the power play

I'd take him for a fourth rounder or a guy like Florek but other than that hold on to those second round picks and wait till 3 PM on trade deadline day

11pts in last 17 gms:handclap: Heating up on that dismal team. Gotta imagine point per game pace on the Bs for the rest of the season. Also proving The Brain wrong that he only scores off the rush. Come on Chia: Knight, Florek, Bos 2nd for Stewart and 50% salary retention :D

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011

So a guy with a career high of 20 goals and on pace for 16 should be our top line RW??....:laugh:

Wow, talk about delusional.

I like Smith, smart player... but he is better suited 2nd line, Pasta though good now, rookies can crash and burn at any time. It would be stupid and arrogant to not try and bring in a top line RW. The cup window doesn't last long and it inches to closing with every year passing.

Fact is Bruins are short a few pieces to compete with the Kings/Hawks... those are the big boys and the REAL contenders. Bruins are still a few steps behind them (i.e., better defensive depth and scoring RW).. not saying we can't make moves and improve to get there... but so can other teams who are close and knocking on the door (Habs, NYR)

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
If you really believe they weren't up for games 6 & 7 in a playoff series against the Canadiens, you should advocate for a complete dismantling of the team and front office.

Playing badly isn't the same as not being up to play.

They just looked lost & frustrated by that time. Couldn't kill a penalty, refs calling twice as many penalties against them, no puck luck, Subban & Weise getting in their heads.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Maybe, though I still think he's among the better of the bad options out there. Though now that his asking price is solidifying with his better play, so the room to negotiate Sabres lower is going to be harder. I'm not sure you'd acquire him for third line duties. I'd try him on first or second line, move Pasta to the third line. He shouldn't have to face top line competition on a nightly basis.

There are other options out there I'd much more prefer the Bruins take a shot at-- like Yak, which you've been pushing-- but I think realistically the Yakupov would never even cross Chiarelli's mind as an asset to acquire. He's the kind of asset the Bruins would be much more likely to ship out for depth pieces, than acquire.

Sadly, I agree about Yakupov. Now is the perfect time to bring him out of the dungeon that is Edmonton and watch him blossom in a system with veterans and a positive attitude. He is starting to look good out there again.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So a guy with a career high of 20 goals and on pace for 16 should be our top line RW??....:laugh:

Wow, talk about delusional.

I like Smith, smart player... but he is better suited 2nd line, Pasta though good now, rookies can crash and burn at any time. It would be stupid and arrogant to not try and bring in a top line RW. The cup window doesn't last long and it inches to closing with every year passing.

Fact is Bruins are short a few pieces to compete with the Kings/Hawks... those are the big boys and the REAL contenders. Bruins are still a few steps behind them (i.e., better defensive depth and scoring RW).. not saying we can't make moves and improve to get there... but so can other teams who are close and knocking on the door (Habs, NYR)

This. Boston doesn't have a 1st line winger and a shake-up or change to this roster to improve it or bring anything to the table better than last years team hasn't taken place...yet.

As for Montreal, nothing has changed to indicate that Montreal simply wouldn't do the exact same thing they did to Boston last year:

1. Stop the D to D behind the Bruins net.
2. Force the cycle to the point.
3. Get in the shooting lanes from the shot from the point.
4. Price play like Price.
5. Let the Bruins buzz around the perimeter until they are too tired to backcheck when Montreal blocks the shot and takes off the other way.
6. Force the Bruins into stupid penalties.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Good grief....

The Bruins were dramatically better and more talented. A loss of any kind in a series they should have swept is not something to point at and say, "We're fine."

Especially when this Bruins team is not as good as last year's.

Oh, and you know who has had the easiest time in the world this year beating the bruins? I bet you do.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
11pts in last 17 gms:handclap: Heating up on that dismal team. Gotta imagine point per game pace on the Bs for the rest of the season. Also proving The Brain wrong that he only scores off the rush. Come on Chia: Knight, Florek, Bos 2nd for Stewart and 50% salary retention :D

How did you know that is close to Boston's offer - good call:laugh:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Good grief....

The Bruins were dramatically better and more talented. A loss of any kind in a series they should have swept is not something to point at and say, "We're fine."

Especially when this Bruins team is not as good as last year's.

Oh, and you know who has had the easiest time in the world this year beating the bruins? I bet you do.

Easy Vegas money. It's hard to believe but since then the Bruins have gotten slower and Montreal even faster.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Easy Vegas money. It's hard to believe but since then the Bruins have gotten slower and Montreal even faster.

I have to start the new trade thread soon, but I'd like to know how the Bruins have gotten slower. They've lost a couple of slower players and the players they've replaced them with on the roster I wouldn't label as such.

Players from that series gone:
Iginla, Thornton, Fraser, Boychuk

Players now:
Kelly, McQuaid, Pastrnak, Cunningham

There are a lot of differences you can point out about those two groups, but I don't think that the latter group is slower is an accurate one.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Still the Bruins outshot Montreal last year by 60 shots in that series with a half hearted effort and this year they haven't been close to 100% in their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad