Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XII:Yes this is the place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

What are you willing to pay for either of them? I'm not willing to pay much... and it sounds like they will cost a bit to acquire.

If we acquiring anyone, I'd rather be someone that we plan on being on the team for a while... not a rental and a hope that our already stunning Bruins is going to give him a spark. The Bruins don't seem all that sparked now, and a lackluster Lucic will likely lead to a lackluster Stewart.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, the deal would have to be right and I would not venture to over pay for Stewart.
If he can be had for a prospect that is not so much in our plans and a player such as Paille or Campbell I would be o.k. with this.

I agree, it seems they are asking a lot for him but they can simply be rumors or a game plan to wait and see if a team out there is willing to pay through their teeth which I hope is not the case if Boston does aim for him.

You do have a point that the Bruins are lackluster at this moment and this could affect the incoming player or players and if this is so then the problem is much greater than just adding a few pieces to get this team rolling again.
The problem is then on and off the ice which means the organization must direct the correct problem and deal with that first before making any kind of moves.

I am hoping this is not the scenario and if it is not the case than by adding a player who has mentioned it to the media that he would love to wear the B's jersey I think it would be a step forward in the right direction knowing we have a player that would want to invest himself again for a team that believes in him.

This solely my opinion of course, I think Stewart would also ignite Lucic's play where it should be.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Anyone who wants Kassian on the Bruins at all, ESPECIALLY for Eriksson should probably leave and stop watching hockey. The guy is not a "power forward" at all. I'm pretty sure Vancouver fans have actively banded together to try and promote that scrub to being more than he is worth in hopes of getting people to believe his trade value is high.

You guys like Craig Cunningham? Yeah? Me too. I really like Craig Cunningham. Those two players aren't very different, and I bet you Cunningham has a better career than that useless plug.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Is anything ever going to happen?

I believe it will, if there was a flurry of moves being made around the league and crickets from Bruin camp I`d be worried but...

just atypical to see much in the way of movement in early January

acr*

Is anything ever going to happen?

My guess is tomorrow. The Penguins game tonight is going to be the final evaluation. If Boston gets their nether regions widened, there will be a significant move tomorrow. If Boston wrecks Pittsburgh, a lesser move dealing futures will happen to bring in some reinforcements and try to give the appearance of building momentum.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
My guess is tomorrow. The Penguins game tonight is going to be the final evaluation. If Boston gets their nether regions widened, there will be a significant move tomorrow. If Boston wrecks Pittsburgh, a lesser move dealing futures will happen to bring in some reinforcements and try to give the appearance of building momentum.

so does that mean we hope for the Bruins to get spanked tonight?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My biggest beef isn't so much as PC's move making and excuses, it's the fact that he allows teams in the east to get better, especially the teams that challenge the Bruins.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Anyone who wants Kassian on the Bruins at all, ESPECIALLY for Eriksson should probably leave and stop watching hockey. The guy is not a "power forward" at all. I'm pretty sure Vancouver fans have actively banded together to try and promote that scrub to being more than he is worth in hopes of getting people to believe his trade value is high.

You guys like Craig Cunningham? Yeah? Me too. I really like Craig Cunningham. Those two players aren't very different, and I bet you Cunningham has a better career than that useless plug.

Thank you!

I dont know what is the obsession with Kassian. He is what he is. Nothing more nothing less. I am astounded that people even want him on the team, much less the ridiculous trade proposals. I know this season has been hard. I know we're starved for some power forwardness from Looch. But cmon people. This is ridiculous! We need a scorer! Not this lug. And not for the prices suggested. We've got kids in Prov who can easily come up right now and play with that intensity and power forwardness that some think Kassian has.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Oh I suspect in spite of what Chia says the eval is done, they know what they have, and what they have doesn`t compete for a Cup

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If they add someone like Stewart, Vermette or Kassian it better not be at the expense of our First Round pick or even second, keep the picks. I would be okay with dealing away guys like Kelly, paille,Campbell, McQuaid and Bartkowski also prospects along the lines of Florek or Spooner, but no more for these guys they are just not worth it. If we are going to deal Eriksson then at least get Oshie or package him for Simmonds.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Take Kassian and cap space for Eriksson in a second, but I may have mentioned before what I think of Loui. He is playing well right now but it doesn't make up for a year and a half of indifferent play. I also see Eriksson as the "new" Bruin model and that makes me dislike him even more.

The Bruins badly over valued Eriksson, If they can use him to get a potential young power forward and cap space I am fully on board. Would much rather have seen him go in the off season and Boychuk kept and resigned.

acr*

Oh I suspect in spite of what Chia says the eval is done, they know what they have, and what they have doesn`t compete for a Cup

Right, I agree. I don't think the question for Chia is whether we are competing for a cup, it is whether the team needs a little help or a lot of help to get to the playoffs. Chia wants to retain his job, but knows he is just as boned if sells the farm to prop up a team that will fail.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Take Kassian and cap space for Eriksson in a second, but I may have mentioned before what I think of Loui. He is playing well right now but it doesn't make up for a year and a half of indifferent play. I also see Eriksson as the "new" Bruin model and that makes me dislike him even more.

The Bruins badly over valued Eriksson, If they can use him to get a potential young power forward and cap space I am fully on board. Would much rather have seen him go in the off season and Boychuk kept and resigned.

Kassian is closer to becoming Chris Neil than Lucic of a few years ago...

Not against moving Eriksson, but he was crucified for not bringing his Dallas game. He had a couple of concussions and now that he has his groove back, you want to move him for a young Chris Neil?

Not against moving Eriksson or acquiring Neil.. I mean Kassian, but unless we get an adequate scoring replacement, that can't be the only move... Filling holes by opening new ones.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario

If Bruins make this trade both the GM and President should get fired immediately

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

ouch thats basically giving Loui away for free. No Thanks.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Mckenzie was saying that Claude/Chia are all possible fires if the season turn around. I'm going to say the team wins tonight. Not sure if they can keep it up as all buttons are pressed but I don't think the players have issue with Julien. The problem is the depth on the team is not good enough. Lets hope we can go on a little streak starting tonight and give Chia the breathing room to make a solid trade.

On another front the scouting staff needs to get its ass in gear and locate some guys on other teams that are diamonds in the rough. Its been a long time since they have found a Boychuk, Campbell, Paille, Seidenberg type we can grab from a bad team at a low price who is not being used properly where he is and then fits our system. The Habs have moved ahead of us in large part because of pick ups like Prust, Weiss and Weaver. Weaver for example outplayed Krug, Miller and Bart in the playoff series last year and was acquired for a song and a dance... Get going Bradley!

acr*

What about Loui and Soderberg for Virtanen and Kassian, with Virtanen being the centerpiece?

I asked the Nucks fans on the main board what it would take for Virtanen and they seem to think that he would only be moved for a comparable young stud D. Essentially Hamilton or a player we don't have.

I suggested Eriksson, Krug, and Philly's 2nd for Kassian and Virtanen. A steep price, but I don't think we can afford Krug after this year and this would really help our cap issues. It would return us two price controlled young forwards, one who could prove to be a stud.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Vancouver would never do that.

Why? They would be getting two solid players who already have chemistry together for a borderline forth liner and an elite PROSPECT. I don't think those values are way off. Maybe we could sweeten the deal with a 2nd round pick.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Any move with Buffalo should include Johan Larsson coming back.

Younger, cheaper and more talented when what we have on the 4th line right now and ready for a spot.

Can't figure out for the life of me why Ted Nolan doesn't like the kid, he's got a solid set of skills at both ends of the rink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad