Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors VIII: Over the Holiday Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colinsteadbruinsfan

Newfie Bruin
Nov 15, 2014
Regina, SK
Certainly enough space to add another fourth line grinder!

It's all about being hard to play against, guys. Easy to beat, of course. But hard to play against. That's the key.

He won't add scrap like that we have enough! I think he adds a player like Stewart who had success and is in a slump and will play a hunch that he can get rejuvenation from him with a change in scenery! Ryder, Stewart, berglund or vermette possibly

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Lucic and Spooner for Berglund, Oshie and Reaves

Kelly to CBS for Calvert

You know that I'm not a fan of Lucic, but I don't do that deal. I think Oshie is going to have ongoing injury issues and Berglund is meh.

I love Calvert, but don't see any reason why Columbus would do that.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
He won't add scrap like that we have enough! I think he adds a player like Stewart who had success and is in a slump and will play a hunch that he can get rejuvenation from him with a change in scenery! Ryder, Stewart, berglund or vermette possibly

I think Stewart is probably the wisest option right now.. keep major pieces in place for bigger moves offseason, but offers upside.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Report: Sabres will wait on Chris Stewart trade until the price is right
http://www.thescore.com/news/667509

Murray's asking price in any trade involving the power forward is believed to be a high-end prospect and a top draft pick, according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun.

Garrioch continues:

Murray is ready to deal Stewart - and as stated in the past (Stewart) probably wouldn't mind the move either - but not until the Sabres are able to get the right pieces for the future. That could change before the deadline (March 5), but Buffalo is holding the line. Part of the reason Stewart is valuable is there aren't many rugged wingers available this season

The Boston Bruins, Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames and Los Angeles Kings are all believed to have shown interest, but none have been willing to cede the assets required to obtain the winger.

We'll be out of the playoffs picture by then.

acr*

That St. Louis one would be awesome since it's out west. I'm all for moving Lucic, but it has to be to a team we don't play a lot. An angry and motivated Lucic is terrifying. He is plenty angry right now, but he hasn't shown a lick of motivation in a while. The fact that he gets all fired up about Prout, Emelin and Weise, yet doesn't seem bothered by us losing or him sucking makes me think he is not a team first guy.

This last sentence is just flat out untrue, imo. I don't think there is a guy that cares more on this team. If he scored 20 goals in the next 40 games would you believe he cared? Saying he doesn't care because he isn't producing right now is like the worst false cause argument ever.

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
should have kept Thornton, then he can sit in the penalty box for 5 instead big minute guys

Colinsteadbruinsfan

Newfie Bruin
Nov 15, 2014
Regina, SK
I think Stewart is probably the wisest option right now.. keep major pieces in place for bigger moves offseason, but offers upside.

Yes agree, I also think Stewart is wisest and probably cheapest! Save lucic for Taylor Hal trade bait! Only thing I'm concerned with is that i can't see lucic waiving nmc to go there and I can see st Louis being a team that he would accept a trade to! And therefor force chia to trade for someone other then hall when hall is probably what he wants most

BudMovin*

Yeah, I agree. I could see Cam trying to fill it for the rest of the year, keeping Clode for the last 40, and letting a new GM make the change in the summer.

Or they could all go down together at the end of the year. I bet Jacobs gives them all a mulligan though if left to make the decision.

Does Cam actually have any real experience in the front office making big decisions? From what I understand, they keep him on the payroll to call into Felger and Mazz once a week.

acr*

Can't believe there are still Lucic for Hall wet dreams going on. I can't see how Edmonton would have a shred of interest in that move. They could get 2 pieces that they actually need for Hall. Lucic isn't even a lateral for them.

acr*

Does Cam actually have any real experience in the front office making big decisions? From what I understand, they keep him on the payroll to call into Felger and Mazz once a week.

If they fire Chia, there are no decisions to be made really, the season is lost. Anyone could make the Campbell for a 6th rounder trades that the Bruins would make at the deadline.

Colinsteadbruinsfan

Newfie Bruin
Nov 15, 2014
Regina, SK
Can't believe there are still Lucic for Hall wet dreams going on. I can't see how Edmonton would have a shred of interest in that move. They could get 2 pieces that they actually need for Hall. Lucic isn't even a lateral for them.
I don't see this either, but the rumours have been floating around that Edmonton likes lucic! It would cost much more then that though obviously and Hamilton would definitely be sought after by oilers in this proposal

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
http://www.bostonsportsdesk.com/sun...asier-straight-from-causeway-st/#BruinsNation

Trading Lucic is not the answer. He is a rare breed in this league.

This team lacks bottom six tough players. Players who can play the game, crash, bang bodies and fight.

The Swedes are too soft.

Players like Campbell, Kelly and Paille need to go.

Players that suck up 5M in cap space and don't do a whole lot more than take reputation penalties and make bone head moves are a rare breed indeed.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
http://www.bostonsportsdesk.com/sun...asier-straight-from-causeway-st/#BruinsNation

This team lacks bottom six tough players. Players who can play the game, crash, bang bodies and fight.

The Swedes are too soft.

The problem is that while Lucic is a rare breed in this league, it's also rare for him to actually play like that.

If he plays like he did in the Toronto/Chicago series 82 games a year, give him 10m a year. Top 10 player in the league if he puts up ~75 points every season, close to PPG in the playoffs, wrecks people physically, and dominates the games. But he's like that for ~20, playoffs included. The other 60-80, he's dead weight.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002

The Swedes are too soft.

This is so horribly off base. In hockey you lose when your top guys underperform. That's what we have here. It's not because our bottom 6 guys are lacking. In fact the "swedes" have been better than most. Lucic has been a mess since camp and is playing like a player making 1.5m and not 6m. A healthy scratch might do him good.

Colinsteadbruinsfan

Newfie Bruin
Nov 15, 2014
Regina, SK
Looch at around 3M playing the role he should be in of 2nd line scorer, 3rd line banger would be great. He is overpaid and stuck in a position where he should not be.
Yeah this is exactly what it is ! It's clear he makes too much money and that's the only reason we **** on him so much! You have to play like a 6M player if you make that much! If your play like a 3M player and make 6M then your gonna have ppl hating on you! You trade him while u can or convince him to give back half his contract lol which has never happened in the history of sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad