All Black Gear in Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Overlooking the fact that since the 1930s Spalding Puck, the puck has never been all black.

http://www.classicauctions.net/default.aspx?tabid=266&auctionid=36&op=viewcat&catid=5

Plus the puck is on the ice which is not black.

You're ignoring the aesthetics part.

No, the puck is not all black. The game is too commercialized for anything to be plain. However, the inclusion of a team logo or the league brand is not for the purpose of creating contrast to help players with visibility.

Also, my comment about black tape and black blades refers to a player shooting on a goalie. If a (predominantly) black puck were able to be camouflaged by black tape and black blades it would create a sizable advantage for the shooter but that is not the case.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Ignoring

You're ignoring the aesthetics part.

No, the puck is not all black. The game is too commercialized for anything to be plain. However, the inclusion of a team logo or the league brand is not for the purpose of creating contrast to help players with visibility.

Also, my comment about black tape and black blades refers to a player shooting on a goalie. If a (predominantly) black puck were able to be camouflaged by black tape and black blades it would create a sizable advantage for the shooter but that is not the case.

You are ignoring the history of the game and issues raised by the seminal poster as stated numerous times so far. Pickup not NHL.

Frankly we are not talking NHL but Pickup. Pickup is not commercialized to the best of my knowledge nor does it feature NHL quality participants.

Since posters cannot differentiate between pickup and NHL no purpose is served by keeping the thread open any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad