All Aboard the Dallas Stars Bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
First 3 points I can understand, but 4 is pretty odd to me.
If it's not my own team, I'll cheer for them for any reason I like lol
If the Leafs aren't winning the cup (and they won't be with this core), I sure as shit don't want another Canadian team to win it. I'd expect the 6 other fanbases feel the same way about their respective teams

This "cheer for a Canadian team" is such a loser mentality

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
This is oilers stanley cup. The buck stops in Dallas. Mcbaby and crysaitl will be swept. Stankoven will circle Nurse and Ceci 20 times before shooting it into an empty net with skinner down and out
Congrats on the fluke season. Have fun going back to being an afterthought next season.

Reactions: Bank Shot

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
My condolences to the Dallas Stars' fans on here for having to put up with all the complainers jumping ship to your bandwagon. I'm sure it will still be a fun and exciting experience despite this.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
If the Leafs aren't winning the cup (and they won't be with this core), I sure as shit don't want another Canadian team to win it. I'd expect the 6 other fanbases feel the same way about their respective teams

This "cheer for a Canadian team" is such a loser mentality

As a Montreal fan, I really don't care if it's a team located in Canada or the US who wins it...

I mean, it's kind of weirder that you have so much animosity against other teams in Canada lol.

Why?

Reactions: zar

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Man it’s sure going to feel weird not having HF’s backing in this series. I felt it really gave the team a push last series.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
For Oiler fan hoping that Canadian hockey fans will jump on their bandwagon? You are sadly mistaken. I can speak for most canuck fans--we are pulling for Dallas
No real fan wants rival fans jumping on their bandwagon anyway. But let us know when the banner raising ceremony is for winning the pacific in the regular season. We'll be sure to tune in.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos and zar

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I'm an Oiler fan and couldn't give less of a shit who you are cheering for.

I also don't subscribe to any of that "Canada's team" bullshit either, so I wouldn't expect a Canucks fan to cheer for the Oilers.

Weird ass thread tbh.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Think either Stars or Oilers are worthy, and both have paid their dues lately. Wouldn't be bothered one bit if either team won series, and then "Stanley Cup" afterwards. Good luck to both fan-bases, enjoy the ride.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
As a Montreal fan, I really don't care if it's a team located in Canada or the US who wins it...

I mean, it's kind of weirder that you have so much animosity against other teams in Canada lol.

Why?
Why would you want a rival to win the cup? Because even if they're not all in the same division the Canadian teams are certainly rivals.

And there's the added bonus of sportsnet actually being forced to talk about the other teams when the shitty Canadian teams are all eliminated.

Reactions: narfy87

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I'll get behind the Oilers, being Canada's only last chance again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad