Alfredsson talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Why is it that as the days pass on, more and more it seems like our owner is the ****** and not our players?

Was Heatley leaving maybe Melnyk being a dick? Was Heatley painted as the bad guy the same way Alfie was being said to be selfish? I never understood what made Heatley leave a then powerhouse.

Oct 10, 2010
Don't worry EM will do something stupid like not spend money and the next great player will be be gone - aka Karlsson.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
This is a classic case of why owners should not have any relations with our players. I can't imagine in any way where they'd have a positive influence on players.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Why is it that as the days pass on, more and more it seems like our owner is the ****** and not our players?

Was Heatley leaving maybe Melnyk being a dick? Was Heatley painted as the bad guy the same way Alfie was being said to be selfish? I never understood what made Heatley leave a then powerhouse.

Nah, Heatley was a world class jerk in his own right. We have to figure things out on a case by case basis.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yost's latest post: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=58751. "Abrasive relationships can wear on the involved parties. And if you won't take my word for it, take Bibbi Alfredsson's. One scathing e-mail loaded with an equal balance of inebriation and expletives to her man had her running for Detroit, Michigan"

What e-mail is he referring to? I don't recall anything about this.

I won't comment on the e-mail topic

But that Yost post was as troubling as could be

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
Didn't Alfie pick up the puck after Detroits last game in Ottawa? I bet he will retire after this season. With all the injuries in Red Wings it probably wasn't what he thought it would be (or was promised). I still think he would have been a great C for Ottawa this season and i also think he would have given the team the backbone/heart/work ethics to make it to the playoffs.

Guess it all ended up in the worst possible way...

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
For the last couple years, assuming the worst about Melnyk has been a pretty safe bet.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Didn't Alfie pick up the puck after Detroits last game in Ottawa? I bet he will retire after this season. With all the injuries in Red Wings it probably wasn't what he thought it would be (or was promised). I still think he would have been a great C for Ottawa this season and i also think he would have given the team the backbone/heart/work ethics to make it to the playoffs.

Guess it all ended up in the worst possible way...

He talked about playing another year in Detroit recently.

melnyk budget*

we're still talking about alfredsson?

the guy ruined his name and legacy in ottawa but melnyk not wanting to spend money on alfie or the team made it easy for alfie to leave. end of story.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Yost having a hard on for trashing Melnyk is hardly anything new.

I agree. I like Yost and am obviously not a big fan of Melnyk, but the length he goes to trash Melnyk is sometimes absurd. Knowing where he got the source for that e-mail thing I wish he would've just left that comment out. It doesn't add anything to the post and just makes me question his credibility.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

We weren't a powerhouse in 2009 when Heatley asked out.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
We weren't a powerhouse in 2009 when Heatley asked out.

I don't think the Sens were a powerhouse when they went to the finals either. They were a one line team with a good defense and above average goaltending. The east was terrible that year, and their one line was the best in the league.

Buffalo was the other 'powerhouse' of the east. To put things into perspective.

The Sens days of being a powerhouse were coming to an end when Havlat was traded for garbage, the 2nd round pick being the centerpiece of the return.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
No but as the saying goes, where there is smoke, there is fire.

I heard that Marc Methot wrote a crude joke on the bathroom wall next to Paul Macleans office that showed a woman that looked remarkably like Paul Maclean engaged in sexual relations with a walrus. The next day, Methot was a healthy scratch.

Look I just created smoke.

Signed an anonymous hockey message board poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad