Alfredsson (Fake) Stick Throw

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Nothing defines the humourlessness and pettiness of Leaf fans better than their butt ache over that incident. Love it.

Especially since Alfredsson and Sundin are close friends IIRC. This "incident" was simply Alfredsson having some fun at his friend's expense and probably was not at all seen as an insult.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Especially since Alfredsson and Sundin are close friends IIRC. This "incident" was simply Alfredsson having some fun at his friend's expense and probably was not at all seen as an insult.

This is what i try to explain to people but they never listen to me.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
This is what i try to explain to people but they never listen to me.

The preferred debate method of Leaf Nation is to shout at whatever they don't like until they can't hear it anymore.

And then hold a pre-game puck drop ceremony to commemorate whatever they shouted.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
ottawa_zoom_zpsd5e42ec5.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I remember an interview where Sundin was asked about that and he thought it was hilarious

I've never heard this incident mentioned outside of the media and the internet

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I remember an interview where Sundin was asked about that and he thought it was hilarious

I've never heard this incident mentioned outside of the media and the internet

HNIC brought it up this season when talking about why Leaf fans booed Alfie, and they thought many were too young to know.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I can slightly understand the Tucker thing, even though the Leafs management bought out his contract, imaging if someone hurt Cheechoo or Butler. Would we care? Nope.

But the stick throw mock is just silly. Alfie and Sundin are friends outside of hockey. Clearly he was mocking his friend.

It is like if two kids are playing and one teases the other. The other kid thinks it's funny but all the helicopter moms hear it and flip the **** out for years after.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Leaf fan coming in peace. I can tell you guys that Leaf fans don't really care about the stick throwing incident. For me, all my hate comes from the hit on Tucker and consequent goal. And a grudging respect. That's all, I'll get out now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad