Confirmed with Link: Alfie is coming back!!!!

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
The one where he actually told people himself he was retiring?

That might be the thread but it was hardly official, obviously. Just goes to show you how wrong people are.

He may have or may not have told people he was retiring but if he did, apparently he forgot to tell the Ottawa media, Bryan Murray and the rest of his team.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
What is a great day for the Senators and most of their fans is clearly a let down for the Alfie haters.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
What?

I found the thread

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=948777&highlight=retire

Anyways, it looks like everyone that thought he was done were wrong, and that's all I am trying to point out here.

But most people weren't calling for him to retire, or thinking he was. Mainly everyone thought a year or two, and mainly it was concern about his back, since he was coming off back surgery. Old thread, different context, folks were hoping his health was good enough to continue.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 40s
Est-ce possible que Daniel Alfredsson joue ailleurs qu'Ottawa la saison prochaine ? On me dit que Oui. Mais les Sénateurs sont sa priorité.

ruh roh shaggy.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Est-ce possible que Daniel Alfredsson joue ailleurs qu'Ottawa la saison prochaine ? On me dit que Oui. Mais les Sénateurs sont sa priorité.

ruh roh shaggy.

The english translation made me laugh. "Can Alfredsson play in a different city next season? I'm told yes." Well duh he would be a UFA. Could someone be drafted with the first overall selection? Find out next!

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa

ruh roh shaggy.
RSS break a story like this..
I call BS. He's still in Sweden, how would someone at RDS break a story like this.

Milan the God*

There's obviously a chance, as there is with every player in the NHL.

Doubtful, though. This is a no risk, high reward rumour.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
He's not going anywhere. I'd guess that whoever the source is, was speculating what Alfie could possibly do rather than what is intentions actually were.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
There's been a weird vibe surrounding this whole thing, from most media types saying Alfie will cost more than the Sens may have bargained for and now to some speculation that he's open to playing elsewhere.

I don't know...

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
The "media types" were speculating about a price tag before Alfie has even spoken to management about his return. It means nothing.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
We'll see. I don't think he'll play for another team, but I do think he'll be paid market value next season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well we're going to find out just how badly Melnyk is hurting financially

If Alfie goes somewhere else you can be certain it'll be due to money issues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad