Alexis Loiseau

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
maybe he's replacement for Marco Roy. They are very similar players except this Loiseau has better stats. They have similar age and physical attributes as well.

Oct 30, 2011
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/05/31/alexis-loiseau-dans-lorganisation-des-oilers

He just signed with the Barons. Its obvious that the Oilers have interest in him but we have some issues with contracts at the moment.

He seems like the quiet leader type. He had a great year in the Q also.

Anyone else have anything on him? He will likely be at the prospect camp too.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=88710

I've never seen a scouting report like that.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Sounds like a Lander type player in terms of utility. Maybe a 4th liner one day, no issue with the signing

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
I watch him play once this year, but didn't play attention to him at all, though he did stick out at tiimes haha damit wish i would of now. Asked my buddy that lives in Quebec City and watches the Q quite often what he was like. He said he is better then Roy in almost every aspect. He's offence isn't likely to transfer over to NHL or AHL level but he says the thing about him is he has way more to offer then that. I'm pretty excited to see what he does. I think it is a decent signing but Bakersfield. Any one else know more about this kid??

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Don't mind this signing at all. I'm actually surprised by it since these types of signings isn't usually what the Oilers does, but I guess we're seeing a glimpse of the new management. Will be interesting to see what he can do in AHL.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I like the signing, but I still think they should be re-signing Roy as well.

I'm aware of the 50 man list, but that's an easy thing to get around if we get close, but I don't know that we're all that close to begin with.

We have 36 players signed. Schultz and Marincin are the only RFAs that I would say have to be re-signed. Pitlick, Miller, C.Hamilton, Fraser, Davidson, Hunt, and Aulie are the other RFAs who could get contracts. I would personally let 4 of those guys walk or see if a couple will sign AHL contracts at least. That puts the total to 41. We'll need 1 spot open for McDavid, and we still need about 3-4 for free agent signings, so even without moving guys like Gernat, Ewanyk, or R.Hamilton, we have 5-6 spots available.

The 50 man limit isn't an issue as far as I can see.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
He kept making best friends on the other team.

hahaha

Srsly, tho, when was his draft year? 12-13? He was like a .4 ppg player then. Can't see many teams being too impressed by that. Still, his numbers are good now, plus he's obviously got leadership attributes, as the the captain and leading scorer this year.

I wonder who's responsible for this signing. Like, who makes that call?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't mind this signing at all. I'm actually surprised by it since these types of signings isn't usually what the Oilers does, but I guess we're seeing a glimpse of the new management. Will be interesting to see what he can do in AHL.

Not really true at all. In the last 2 years just from memory we signed the Jones brothers, Josh Winquist, Mitch Holmberg, and Ty Rimmer to minor league deals. I think ever since Katz bought the Condors this has been happening quite a bit.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Not really true at all. In the last 2 years just from memory we signed the Jones brothers, Josh Winquist, Mitch Holmberg, and Ty Rimmer to minor league deals. I think ever since Katz bought the Condors this has been happening quite a bit.

Winquist and the Jones bros have been pretty good signings. Maybe not NHL prospects but solid youth injections and can improve an AHL team. Creates that winning enviroment and allows actual prospects to play important minutes

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Winquist and the Jones bros have been pretty good signings. Maybe not NHL prospects but solid youth injections and can improve an AHL team. Creates that winning enviroment and allows actual prospects to play important minutes

I think thats the main thinking behind it, and the possibility that you might find that diamond in the rough who would be inclined to sign a major league deal with you for giving him a chance. Obviously its not likely to find that, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007

I think it was just the one jones brother. The other got an entry level deal no?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

it's a balance where winning and development can be at odds sometimes. It can be frustrating to see guys like Williams get a more prominent role than someone like Yakimov or Khaira, but the AHL isn't a training camp. Guys like Winquivst and the Joneses can also take away important minutes from our main prospects, but that isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes our key prospects take a back seat, and sometimes I don't agree with it like with Nurse when he joined the Barons this year. It also seemed like the Barons weren't bending over backwards for Marincin or Klefbom either. If we always side with our prospects though, we might end up at the bottom of the AHL standings, which is bad for everyone.

One area I don't mind sacrifice winning for development next season is goaltending. Bachman was brilliant, but it's looking like we're going with a Brossoit and Eetu tandem. I didn't like that Brossoit hardly played when Bachman caught fire, even if it resulted in a great playoff run. It's just that goaltending is such a critical organizational need for us. I also think Brossoit is not that much worse than Bachman. I don't know about Eetu

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

We've had a few yeah, but I'd rank Loiseau's NHL potential slightly above those guys. Winquist and Holmberg were long shots. Not to say Loiseau isn't but Holmberg barely even produces in ECHL. Same with Rimmer, bad numbers in the ECHL. I think Loiseau is better than those guys and should at least be a decent AHLer.

I think, again, it's about targetting the "right" guys out of junior. If you do that you will get an NHLer every once in a while. It all comes down to scouting, whether it's for the draft or for signing free agents out of junior/college, and it hasn't been good enough for the Oilers so far. This pick up is very minor but to me it signals a change of direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad