Player Discussion Alexis Lafreniere

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It would be ruthless, but those are the especially HARD decisions an organization has to make sometimes, in order to advance in their quest for sustainability.
Lifelong homegrown Rangers or traded, his # will be in the rafters someday, regardless. Hope I am alive to see it.
I think the possibility of Kreider getting traded ended when he started breaking Ranger records. His production has improved to the point where he is underpaid on a UFA contract. We aren't going to find a better value to replace him. Goodrow and Trouba will be the first ones out the door if we need cap space.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I think the possibility of Kreider getting traded ended when he started breaking Ranger records. His production has improved to the point where he is underpaid on a UFA contract. We aren't going to find a better value to replace him. Goodrow and Trouba will be the first ones out the door if we need cap space.
Agreed.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Yeah, this. Perennial 30 goal guys get *PAID* and CK is a great cap hit if he stays in that club.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
So stoked his hitting another gear.
Was probably our most dangerous fwd.

between him and Cuylle, miller, Schneider, Fox, and shesty I have a lot of faith in our team and think they are going to be really competitive for a long time.

On a side note, thank god panarin is Uber talented, because he must be the biggest Puss when it comes to winning 1 on 1 battles, especially along the boards.
Laf and Cuylle are total opposites….

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He’s hitting another level.

Elite level stuff out there, all game.

Could’ve had 3 or 4 and you knew one was coming

Gamebreaking talent

Nah man, bust with a cherry picked last half season. His first three seasons mean a lot more than his most recent great play. Not a Yakupov but a major disappointment. :sarcasm:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The amount of stupidity on the main boards regarding Lafreniere makes me hate this world. Putin's favorite poster gives all of the credit to Panarin of course because good players have never played with other good players. Brayden Point doesn't play with Kucherov and Rantanen doesn't play with MacKinnon, never happened. Oh and Pastrnak never played with Marchand and Bergeron. f***ing absolute clown show on that board.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The amount of stupidity on the main boards regarding Lafreniere makes me hate this world. Putin's favorite poster gives all of the credit to Panarin of course because good players have never played with other good players. Brayden Point doesn't play with Kucherov and Rantanen doesn't play with MacKinnon, never happened. Oh and Pastrnak never played with Marchand and Bergeron. f***ing absolute clown show on that board.

Lmfao.

Don't even have to ask who this is.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Might have been the best game of his career. He took over in the 2nd and didn’t stop. Best player on the ice last night.

Absolutely agree. He’s doing very elite things almost every shift and Carolina is an extremely good hockey team. Incredibly impressive playoffs from numero uno.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Laf is the real deal...Hallelujah...so lets talk contract..1 yr left..when and how much on next deal? 8x8?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I still think he has another level for this playoff run.

He’s been very opportunistic and making a ton of smart plays, but still haven’t seen some of that dominance he showed in the regular season.

Understandable given that the playoffs are tighter - Panarin has been similar - but exciting to know there’s more to give there.

Aaaand we saw that next level last night.

My god he was dominant.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
It was indeed the most compelling performance of Alexis Lafreniere’s career and there’s not even a close second. This was superstar stuff from No. 13 on Saturday night in Raleigh, N.C.

This was first-overall stuff that not even a Game 4 defeat that prevented a second-round sweep of the Hurricanes could camouflage, it was that much of a dominant showing. There was no one close to him.

Lafreniere competed, he danced, he played with finesse, he played with snarl. He went to the net. He won the 50-50’s. He shot the puck. He drove the net. He lifted the Rangers into a 3-3 tie early in the third period with a Gretzky-esque bank shot off the goaltender from below the goal line. He sparred with Sebastian Aho. On a night when linemates Artemi Panarin and Vincent Trocheck had their weakest games of the tournament, Lafreniere was fierce.

“I thought he could have had three or four goals,” head coach Peter Laviolette said of the winger who has scored four goals in the last three games. “There were things we could have done to tighten up, but we also had looks and it seemed like it was on his stick and you knew it was coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad