Player Discussion Alexis Lafreniere

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
100 points low end is a bit aggressive. 80 is the low end imo
Not what I meant.

if we're talking about what his peak could be. Someone was implying his peak would be 100 pts.
Im saying I think thats low. 80 pts is basically what his season would've looked like this year if he had pp time.
And he's going to continue growing and getting better.
100 pts in his absolute prime, would be the low end of prime with pp1 time (assuming it stays this effective)

Reactions: Rongomania

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
PDOcast did a deep dive podcast on Laf. i nearly cried. it was such a validation of the support many of us have shown him over the last 4 years.

btw to everyone who said he was dogshit when quinn and gallant absolutely manacled his offensive confidence and production, and insist it was hindsight, you're straight up wrong. some of us saw it and believed.
I got shit for years defending Laf.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I mean a lot of us were saying let him touch the puck, they still won't really let him because they won't put him on the powerplay, but at least with Panarin he gets more touches at 5v5 and has learned how to be an ES beast (offensively anyway).
In the pod they even talk about how Bedard touches the puck 100s of times per game in Chicago because they are so trash he can do literally whatever he wants.

If we had drafted Bedard he would be struggling right now. Guaranteed.
Said this for years. Used Hughes as an example. His rookie season Jack was awful at NHL hockey but the Devils didn't care and they kept throwing him on the ice in every situation to let him fail and learn and gain his confidence. He looked like a 12 year old kid if you saw him live. But he had the undeniable skills.

Fast forward a few years and Hughes is one of the best players in the league. One of the most dangerous offensive players in the league.

Laf could have and should have been at that level right now but this organization castrated him on his way through the door and Quinn and Gallant were the biggest culprits, as well as Drury for allowing it to happen.

Laf should have been stapled to PP1 and Panarin from day one. Had he been on PP1 this season from the start he'd have been an 80+ point player this season.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Not what I meant.

if we're talking about what his peak could be. Someone was implying his peak would be 100 pts.
Im saying I think thats low. 80 pts is basically what his season would've looked like this year if he had pp time.
100 pts in his absolute prime, would be the low end of prime with pp1 time (assuming it stays this effective)

Let’s tap the breaks there a tad.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Not what I meant.

70-90pts with 1 PP time should be where he settles in I imagine.

If he is a PPG RW and plays the way he does now, that’s a home run as far as I’m concerned…
He’s an underrated passer as well. He might not have a lot of years left with bread, but he will with Fox and hopefully Perrault…
Fox getting him room while he lines up above the circle while the other team is down a man……. He should clean up in that situation. His wrist shot is top end and so is his passing….

It wouldn’t surprise me to ever see him hit 100pts, but I doubt he’ll do it with regularity. I hope I’m wrong tbh….

I’m dying to see him for 1.30 sec a night on 1PP with talent around him. Especially with the way he picks corners

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
70-90pts with 1 PP time should be where he settles in I imagine.

If he is a PPG RW and plays the way he does now, that’s a home run as far as I’m concerned…
He’s an underrated passer as well. He might not have a lot of years left with bread, but he will with Fox and hopefully Perrault…
Fox getting him room while he lines up above the circle while the other team is down a man……. He should clean up in that situation. His wrist shot is top end and so is his passing….

It wouldn’t surprise me to ever see him hit 100pts, but I doubt he’ll do it with regularity. I hope I’m wrong tbh
He's D+4 right now, 22-23, Matthews at was around 1.05 ppg,
Mackinnon was worse at .75ppg.

Thats the tier he was drafted at. This season we're all saying he would've easily been 70-85 pts had he been on PP1. But looking at the missed plays/posts/huge saves by goalies, he could've been at 70 points without PP1.

Thats a 100pt season with pp1.

So then take some growth on top of that and you get 120ish...

• Love
Reactions: Rongomania

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Wasn't Laf considered a tier below Mackinnon and Matthews? I don't remember ever thinking of him in that vein.
No, at draft. He was considered just below the Crosby and mcdavid(their pre draft rankings), and in the Matthews and McKinnon tier.
Obviously things change once you look at post draft. But that’s where he was.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
No, at draft. He was considered just below the Crosby and mcdavid(their pre draft rankings), and in the Matthews and McKinnon tier.

A little searching seems to indicate that you're right. I know I personally had him a notch below those two on draft day; thought it was more of a consensus than it actually was.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
All NYR fans are long past the pont where we expect any forward we draft to be a class below his projection because we drafted him

If we got Hughes, I would expect him to be about a 55 point player right now

#BlackThumb

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
PDOcast did a deep dive podcast on Laf. i nearly cried. it was such a validation of the support many of us have shown him over the last 4 years.

btw to everyone who said he was dogshit when quinn and gallant absolutely manacled his offensive confidence and production, and insist it was hindsight, you're straight up wrong. some of us saw it and believed.

the only thing better than watching laf bend teams over no spit no lube all year is it validating the people with functional brains who have been telling the bellends hating on him for years that he was the real deal and it was very obvious if you knew what you were watching.

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
He was terrific today as he's been most of the season. And to think this year started with him being in HF insane trade rumors for the likes of Josh Anderson and a 2nd round pick.

He'll continue to grow into his body, gain more confidence, and improve again next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad