Player Discussion Alexis Lafreniere

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I feel like he’s taken the whole season much more serious on the ice, don’t get me wrong, i loved that he was a goof ball , but this season his always looks serious, no more goofy smiles every time the camera is on him.
Learning to be a pro, as Torts would say.

Its easy to forget he only turned 22 5 months ago

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
It’s officially time to pull Zibanejad off PP1. Lafreniere deserves that right wall spot. Panarin is just as dangerous a shooter as Zibanejad.

I'd swap Zib and Kreider for Laf and Kakko. Try and boost Kakko's confidence with some PP1 time, and I think Kreider will be more effective on the second unit with Gus's big point shot to screen and deflect. Plus, you'd have Tro's whole line on PP1, so when PP2 comes off, you can keep the pressure on by icing the Trocheck line right as the PP ends (in the event that a PP goal did not happen).

Side note--if Laf gets a point against the Panthers, he will match his career-high points streak at 6 games (his previous streak was in his second season with the team, and oddly enough happened at the exact point of the season--March 17th-27th--and even involved three of the same teams--Pittsburgh, the Isles, and TB).

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
PA Laf.png

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
At some point people will realize this magical regular season is due in large part to the emergence of Alexis Lafreniere. He’s been that impactful. We’re probably a distant 2nd to the Hurricanes in the Metro without him, and in the bottom half of playoff teams. Instead, we’re the odds on betting favorite for the Presidents Trophy.
Plz don't get the President's trophy

DO NOT WANT

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
22 goals, no PP1 time. Kid could be a 40 goal scorer if he was on PP1.

Next season he has to be on PP1. In 12-15 years we will be talking about Laf being among Rangers all-time leaders in a few categories. He will be there with Kreider.

Hopefully they have long-term outlook and patience like they have had with Kreider, applied to all their top young forwards. Rangers have a good crop of young forwards they need to be patient with and have Laf be the center piece of that long-term.

Laf, Perreault, Othmann, Cuylle, Rempe

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Next season he has to be on PP1. In 12-15 years we will be talking about Laf being among Rangers all-time leaders in a few categories. He will be there with Kreider.

Hopefully they have long-term outlook and patience like they have had with Kreider, applied to all their top young forwards. Rangers have a good crop of young forwards they need to be patient with and have Laf be the center piece of that long-term.

I can see Fox at the line, drawing everyone to him, him dishing it to Laf at the top of the circle/Dot and him picking corners all day….
He would absolutely be at least a 75-85pt guy this season if he was on PP1.
I don’t know how anyone can dispute it.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
8 points in 10 games for 55 on the season. With the level of competition coming, this is easily obtainable. We just went through a grinder part of the schedule and has 8 points in 7 games.

3 goals and 5 assists gets you a 25-30 season. After last season this is smashing the expectations.

This is a 75 point player with PP1 time. If he gets it next season, look out.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's crazy how little people know about him as a player and his usage. Recently someone well meaning was saying how he sees him turning into a good player that's like a 55-60 point guy. He can literally do this at 22 with no PP1 time. Even his biggest supporters underestimate the guy. And then there are dolts that still think he's no better than Nail Yakupov.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012

He won't be on PP1 next year even if he scores PPG at even strength. All the same players will be back and making the same amount of money, which matters in these decisions with the Rangers org.

Reactions: ArPanet and mas0764

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
He won't be on PP1 next year even if he scores PPG at even strength. All the same players will be back and making the same amount of money, which matters in these decisions with the Rangers org.
When your PP1 is top 5 in the league for the last few years you don't make changes that easily and I don't blame them either. Laf will eventually get more PP time.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
He has put in a real season. Just just occasional hot streaks. He should be proud. Still hope he can raise things yet another notch up in the future.
He’s still only 22 and will continue to improve for a few more years. And his numbers will absolutely spike if he ever gets on PP1.

Fun fact:

With his 2 goals tonight, Alexis Lafreniere has 69 career goals to go with his 69 career assists.
Nice.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022

If laff was on pp1, hes a ppg player. One of the best 5v5 players in all of hockey.

Remember last offseason MAJORITY of people said he wasnt even worth a 1st round pick LOL. Those takes were so insane. The main board called me insane for saying hed EASILY fetch a top 10 pick but that it aas irrelevant because he aint getting moved.

Laff is future captain material and hopefully a lifelong ranger

Also dont forget brett berard in those prospect. Better than othmann imo

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
If laff was on pp1, hes a ppg player. One of the best 5v5 players in all of hockey.

Remember last offseason MAJORITY of people said he wasnt even worth a 1st round pick LOL. Those takes were so insane. The main board called me insane for saying hed EASILY fetch a top 10 pick but that it aas irrelevant because he aint getting moved.

Laff is future captain material and hopefully a lifelong ranger

Also dont forget brett berard in those prospect. Better than othmann imo
Othmann is gonna be an interesting one. He's already a bit of a polarizing prospect. So many fans see point production and know he's got a nasty/physical streak so they dream of Matt Tkachuk..

I'm not sure his skating and play/awareness away from the puck is at a pro level yet, and I'm not convinced he's a top 6 player. He has a pro shot and some good offensive instincts that will play on a PP. V. Olofsson with some bite?

Reactions: Rempe73

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad