Rumor: Alexei Emilin won’t be offered new contract by Preds

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Not a rumor anymore. Plus, Hartnell won't be back either. He might retire.

Poile said Monday that the Predators plan to part ways with forward Scott Hartnell and defenseman Alexei Emelin, who will both be unrestricted free agents.
Hartnell, 36, had 13 goals and 11 assists this season. The 16-year veteran will contemplate retirement.
"I'll take some time away to think about it," Hartnell told the Tennessean. "These last couple months, just wondering if I still have it, if I could still skate. I thought I played pretty solid, but your heart's got to be there too with it, and that passion. I feel like it's there."

Predators parting ways with Hartnell, Emelin

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised to see him back in MTL. MB loves to concentrate his time on building depth.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If he doesn't have a job in the league which I doubt since defenseman who aren't cooked keep getting work, he'll easily have a KHL gig if he wants.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well, it didn't work out for Montreal as they replaced Emelin with Alzner, who is just complete hot garbage.

But it worked out better than losing Hudon, one of the few promising players developed under this regime.

Alzner sucks now? Wow, I really paid no attention to Montreal this year. He was one of the most coveted UFA D’s last year.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
MB is famous for picking up players nobody else wants,

Nashville has no use for him, but MB will sign him and he will be on our top pairing of defensemen :laugh:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Preds fans - can one of Fabbro. Allard or Carrier crack the roster? How far away are those 3 guys?

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
Preds fans - can one of Fabbro. Allard or Carrier crack the roster? How far away are those 3 guys?

IMO Fabbro could possibly be ready this year, but probably needs some time in the AHL. Carrier is probably ready for more call-up work, but doesn't seem quite ready to be an NHLer. Allard probably needs this year in the AHL, and then be ready for call-up duty next year.

Reactions: DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
IMO Fabbro could possibly be ready this year, but probably needs some time in the AHL. Carrier is probably ready for more call-up work, but doesn't seem quite ready to be an NHLer. Allard probably needs this year in the AHL, and then be ready for call-up duty next year.
thanks! They're all RHD and Emelin is LHD too so not sure if that makes a difference in terms of full time spots/roster composition . how would you rank them and projected potential? always intrigued by NSH's Dmen picks lol.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
thanks! They're all RHD and Emelin is LHD too so not sure if that makes a difference in terms of full time spots/roster composition . how would you rank them and projected potential? always intrigued by NSH's Dmen picks lol.
Personally, I’d say Fabbro, Carrier, and Allard in that order.

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013

Just my opinion, but I have them something like this:

Fabbro - Potential to be an ok #2 dman, or a really good #3. Bit of an up and down year for him last year, so not 100% sure which parts of his game will transition the best at this point. Looks to be a pretty good all-around type guy, not going to amaze you with one aspect of his game, but not any glaring weaknesses either.

Allard - Almost a smaller Fabbro, pretty good all-around but will need to get stronger. Would say he is currently looking like he could be #4/#5 type guy. Could possibly play Top 4 minutes with the right partner, but probably best suited for bottom pair minutes with some special teams time.

Carrier - He is a bit of a wildcard for me. Most likely a #5/#6, but again with the right partner could see him at least being able to fill for injury in a Top 4 role. Could also wind up as a "tweener" if he doesn't progress anymore.

Preds have Josi, Subban, Ellis, Ekholm, Irwin, Weber and Bitetto signed for next year, so could see them carrying 8D for most of the year with one of these guys making the roster or rotating them up based on how they look in Milwaukee. Could also see them trying to upgrade one of the bottom pairing guys (Irwin, Weber, Bitetto) if possible, and doing the same thing. I personally don't see them moving one of the current Top 4 guys, unless they have a sure fire replacement coming back in the deal as they do not have anyone ready to step in from their prospects. Fabbro is the closest, but don't see them putting that kind of extra pressure on him right out of the gate.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I know he shoots left, but which side does he play? Left or right?

He has played both. Played some RD early in his career with Markov but is really a LD.

He's had a great career of being carried. Markov, Weber, Subban, lots of great defencemen have made him look good.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Emelin got a lot of crap from Preds fans this year, but when Ellis was healthy and he was sent to the third pair, he was actually pretty solid in that role. He's slow, there's zero offense to his game, but for being a defensive d-man who makes some huge hits, he actually does a pretty good job of staying out of the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad