Rumor: Alexei Emilin won’t be offered new contract by Preds

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Just my opinion, but I have them something like this:

Fabbro - Potential to be an ok #2 dman, or a really good #3. Bit of an up and down year for him last year, so not 100% sure which parts of his game will transition the best at this point. Looks to be a pretty good all-around type guy, not going to amaze you with one aspect of his game, but not any glaring weaknesses either.

Allard - Almost a smaller Fabbro, pretty good all-around but will need to get stronger. Would say he is currently looking like he could be #4/#5 type guy. Could possibly play Top 4 minutes with the right partner, but probably best suited for bottom pair minutes with some special teams time.

Carrier - He is a bit of a wildcard for me. Most likely a #5/#6, but again with the right partner could see him at least being able to fill for injury in a Top 4 role. Could also wind up as a "tweener" if he doesn't progress anymore.

Preds have Josi, Subban, Ellis, Ekholm, Irwin, Weber and Bitetto signed for next year, so could see them carrying 8D for most of the year with one of these guys making the roster or rotating them up based on how they look in Milwaukee. Could also see them trying to upgrade one of the bottom pairing guys (Irwin, Weber, Bitetto) if possible, and doing the same thing. I personally don't see them moving one of the current Top 4 guys, unless they have a sure fire replacement coming back in the deal as they do not have anyone ready to step in from their prospects. Fabbro is the closest, but don't see them putting that kind of extra pressure on him right out of the gate.

Smaller Fabbro?? Allard and Fabbro are the exact same height and within 5 pounds of one another...

Carrier is a bust, but Fabbro will be a gem, Allard looking like a top 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad