Alexander Semin Part III

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I gave him a chance but he's just not that good anymore. Maybe he can contribute playing on the 4th line and getting some PP time, but aside from that, if Bergevin really does go all in for a Cup run this year, I don't see him being a regular on this team in 2016. The injuries buy him more time.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I gave him a chance but he's just not that good anymore. Maybe he can contribute playing on the 4th line and getting some PP time, but aside from that, if Bergevin really does go all in for a Cup run this year, I don't see him being a regular on this team in 2016. The injuries buy him more time.

Not looking like there's future there. If he could contribute on the PP in the playoffs I'd accept that.

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
Semin may get the chance to play on the 1st line today... No way is Hollaway and Andrighetto will start with Pacioretty and Plekanec. I still have hope towards Semin!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Semin may get the chance to play on the 1st line today... No way is Hollaway and Andrighetto will start with Pacioretty and Plekanec. I still have hope towards Semin!

It's been confirmed. It will be DSP.

pl4tinum

Feb 21, 2012
Curious to see who will play and who won't. The amount of talent we have is staggering. It's incredibly fun to see the new guys plug and play.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
That doesn't seem like a good fit. DSP has only been about a 7-8 goal kind of player and having him on the first line seems like a bit of an odd choice but he might surprise me.

We've thrown every other type of plugger with that line when Gallagher isnt on it, nothing surprises me anymore.

I would have tried Semin on that line once and for all see what that does to his confidence. If that doesnt work then there's nothing else we can with him really.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
That doesn't seem like a good fit. DSP has only been about a 7-8 goal kind of player and having him on the first line seems like a bit of an odd choice but he might surprise me.

I would think of it less in terms of fit and more in terms of reward. In that light, DSP certainly deserves it more than Semin.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

They need a good defensive winger that will work the corners since that line plays against good lines(1st or 2nd usually). Semin is a very poor fit, DSP has more of an edge than Byron or Flynn. Who else is there?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
DSP needs fourth line duties.
That is where he looks and plays his best hockey.

No harm in giving him a shot on an offensive line. If Weise had not gotten a chance he wouldn't have 9 goals this year or 29 points last year. I remember last year everybody complaining if he wasn't on the 4th line, well right now he's a productive part of a very good offensive line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad