Alexander Hellstrom almost signed

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

According to Swedish newspaper, Aftonbladet, Alexnader Hellstrom is close to signing a contract with the Blues.
The article says that the Blues really want him to come over and that he's allready been to two camps with the team.

The whole article:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...061217,00.html

Hellstrom... hmm... makes for a cool nick name.
How about Hell-boy? :yo:

GO BLUES!

Thanks for the information.

What can you tell us about him and how his game will translate to the NHL. From what I have seen and heard, he is a tough defensive defenseman who is pretty mobile.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Thanks for the information.

What can you tell us about him and how his game will translate to the NHL. From what I have seen and heard, he is a tough defensive defenseman who is pretty mobile.

He's physical stay at home D-man. Not afraid to drop the gloves(fought with Roman Vopat in PO, and done well).

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

woohoo! I'm loving the outlook of the Blues of the future. :yo:

His rating on HF is only 5.0C. Seems low compared to guys like Jonas Junland and Niklas Hjalmarsson. Is he as good/better than them? How does he compare in potential?

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
His rating on HF is only 5.0C. Seems low compared to guys like Jonas Junland and Niklas Hjalmarsson. Is he as good/better than them? How does he compare in potential?

He is very defensive minded but very strong physically (good hitting) and has a competent passning game. Skating is good with his large frame as well. Offensively he has not much to offer though.

Add; IMO he is not in Junlands nor Hjalmarssons class, but he has the potential to become really good anyway.

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Someone called him a swedish Väänänen, but I can't think he's possibly that strong combo of upper and lower body strength ^^

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

He is very defensive minded but very strong physically (good hitting) and has a competent passning game. Skating is good with his large frame as well. Offensively he has not much to offer though.

Add; IMO he is not in Junlands nor Hjalmarssons class, but he has the potential to become really good anyway.

How good do you expect Junland and Hjalmarsson to be? Can you give some comparisons?

From what I understand, they both have more complete offensive game, while perhaps not as intense defensively. Not that they are not good defensively, but not as aggressive as Hellstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad