Speculation: Alexander Georgiev possibly to Colorado at TDL?

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
On the NHL website it has grubauer out indefinitely.

King henrik?

Cant get a player like Howard, Dell, Crawford. They all are not goalies you want in a playoff run.

Francouz you guys really think can be binnington like for you? You need a starter to compete for the cup

Francouz will be fine for as long as he's needed. No to Hank; don't need the cap hit or to carry 3 goalies next year(cause no way Avs let Francouz walk just to keep Hank). And what's this about not wanting Crow on a playoff run? Seems to me he won a cup more recently than Lundquist and has better numbers this year.

Miller/Crawford at best for a rental if needed, and even then it gets awkward when Grubauer comes back cause somebody's got to get sent down and Francouz deserves to stay.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Henrik has a NMC and is not likely going anywhere.

If it meant a chance to get his name on the Stanley Cup though?--that might be reason enough and keep in mind he has not been playing. As a Rangers fan I would want more back for Georgiev than I would for Lundqvist. Henrik is no longer elite but he's still pretty capable. There are two issues for us really--his cap hit and the fact that Igor is more than ready and Alex is at least as good as Henrik. I would say Alex is better but that's more arguable.

Reactions: Sticktape

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
On the NHL website it has grubauer out indefinitely.

King henrik?

Cant get a player like Howard, Dell, Crawford. They all are not goalies you want in a playoff run.

Francouz you guys really think can be binnington like for you? You need a starter to compete for the cup
Lol Crawford is not someone you want for a playoff run?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hank will not waive

Geo can be had for the right price
Buyer needs to recognize that unlike say Miller, who is fine for a stopgap, Geo would be a 'build' move.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Avs are contending, not tanking. Although if people in SJ think Dell is someone to help contend, that would explain a lot about their position in the standings.
Dell can come in to be your backup for a lot cheaper then some of the other options. I only brought him up since there was some talk of maybe Thornton to Colorado so a package of the two fills your needs.

Dell has actually been decent since the sharks coaching change and even brought his sv% up to .909 on a pretty bad team where he has taken over as the starter. No one expects him to be the starter of a contending team, but he can be a good backup at a very small cap hit, and it won't cost a lot to acquire him.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Buddy seems to have it a little backwards.. who has more playoff success, Henrik or Crawford? Who's cheaper and doesn't have term left to tie a team down.. hmmm..
Ha, uh... Yeah.

Ignore the rental goalie with two cups and a robbed Conn Smythe in his playing career (also two Jennings trophies)

Reactions: Avaholic29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad