Value of: Alexander Edler

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Is Appleton available from the Jets?
Not likely. He's already making a name for himself, and the Jets are thin for depth at RW.

I don't know if Edler gets a 1st, he'll be close. I think the Jets could offer 1st + Petan. I'd love to see him paired with Byfuglien, you'd have to keep your head up exiting the zone. I think he'd waive his NTC for a Stanley Cup run.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Waste of time.

He signed this contract at a discount rate in exhange to get an NTC.

Its been rumored that He has refused to waive it on multiple occasions and has blatantly come out and said he doesnt want to leave Vancouver. Hes not.waiving.
Wrong. He said he’d consider when asked. Which means yes.

Reactions: skyo

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Edler + Granlund for Kulikov + Appleton + conditional 1st (Jets win the Cup or Edler re-signs). If not, Canucks get a future 2nd round pick.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Depending where the Habs are close to the deadline I could see them being interested. With Montreal having Columbus’s and their own 2nd rounder, I see them giving up their 2nd + something for him.

Kulak Weber
Edler Petry
Reilly Juulsen

Benn

:habs

2nd(MTL)
Schlemko
Hillis

:nucks

Edler
Gagner
no thanks

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
If Edler is available, I’m sure there’ll be a few teams on the list and all those teams should have interest in adding athe minute munching all situation top 4 Veteran... which should mean bidding war, as rarely does an asset like this come available for rent.

Pretty sure 1st round pick will be the key asking asset with the draft in Van this June.

Still not sure if he’ll waive.... BUT if he wants a chance to upgrade his UFA market value, he can do that with a good post season showing. It’s the smart play from a business sense. Plus he can help the team he’s been loyal to for his entire career.

I think he’ll waive and move, but I think it’ll be quietly executed as brass has learned how to properly approach this situation after mishaps with Hamhuis, Vrbata, and success of Burrows and Hansen.

Sell sell sell!

Reactions: skyo

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
[QUOTE="Seventy7, post
I think he’ll waive and move, but I think it’ll be quietly executed as brass has learned how to properly approach this situation after mishaps with Hamhuis, Vrbata, and success of Burrows and Hansen.
[/QUOTE]

Hope we waives for 2 reasons, gives us a return on him and he gets a chance at another cup run. The cinderella story is he waives to go to Winnipeg, where he briefly played with the Moose our AHL team at the time.

I would think a contender would offer a 1st for him, I would even retain as it is an expiring deal so doesn't really matter. Jets have a ton of young players also, some might be on their last legs of being on the team before being waived or moved to address other areas of need in the organization

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He'll waive if asked, he said something to that effect while in Sweden, if management ask's he'll reaccess the situation, as who wants to stay on a team if management asks you to move on? Especially as a upcoming UFA? He like Burrows knows his time could be coming to an end with a team.

and

Saying he’d rethink the situation over if asked isn’t Edler saying he would waive, it’s saying perhaps. He’d still be in the drivers seat. It’s wishful thinking to assume the Canucks are calling the shots with Edler. So if he’s only willing to waive for a specific club or only a few it greatly limits his trade value.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I think he waives if this his last season. If looking for a new deal, he saves his body.
Shane Doan make a career out not waiving his NTC and staying in Phoenix. Never helped the team get picks or prospects, as he could have resigned with Coyotes. I'll never understand the icon status Doan holds in Phoenix.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
WPG would be an ideal location as they need more defensive depth to go deep. They're close too and have a real shot at winning it all.

Edler will waive, I am sure of it. Plus he played with the Moose.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
WPG would be an ideal location as they need more defensive depth to go deep. They're close too and have a real shot at winning it all.

Edler will waive, I am sure of it. Plus he played with the Moose.

Winnipeg is approaching a cap crunch. I doubt they’d burn a 1st + or whatever the cost of Edler will be. They couldn’t retain him and need entry level contracts going forward.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I think he waives if this his last season. If looking for a new deal, he saves his body.
Shane Doan make a career out not waiving his NTC and staying in Phoenix. Never helped the team get picks or prospects, as he could have resigned with Coyotes. I'll never understand the icon status Doan holds in Phoenix.

That organization has nothing else to look back on for legacy. Hats off to Doan for staying on a crappy team all of his career. He lived in a non hockey market, had nice weather and got paid millions.

I always thought the goal after making the NHL was to try and win a Stanley Cup. Doan, the Sedins, Sundin and others Im sure fit into that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad