Value of: Alexander Edler

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Anyone looking for a big hitter, top 4 LD who can log a top pairing 25 minutes if needed, play on all special teams and usually plays best with a QB type right side dman (re: Klingberg etc).

Hasn't been paired with QB dman in years, sadly.

Firm on a good draft pick or a good dman prospect or what have you.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Waste of time.

He signed this contract at a discount rate in exhange to get an NTC.

Its been rumored that He has refused to waive it on multiple occasions and has blatantly come out and said he doesnt want to leave Vancouver. Hes not.waiving.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Waste of time.

He signed this contract at a discount rate in exhange to get an NTC.

Its been rumored that He has refused to waive it on multiple occasions and has blatantly come out and said he doesnt want to leave Vancouver. Hes not.waiving.

He'll waive if asked, he said something to that effect while in Sweden, if management ask's he'll reaccess the situation, as who wants to stay on a team if management asks you to move on? Especially as a upcoming UFA? He like Burrows knows his time could be coming to an end with a team.

and

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
WPG might be looking to add another top 4LD at the TDL (we are still few months out so it could change if Niku emerges). After Morrissey it's a whole lot of meh. Most likely would be paired with Big Buff and on the PK, possibly PP2

I am guessing it's a 1st rd pick or a 2nd+good calibre prospect?

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
WPG might be looking to add another top 4LD at the TDL (we are still few months out so it could change if Niku emerges). After Morrissey it's a whole lot of meh. Most likely would be paired with Big Buff and on the PK, possibly PP2

This is actually one of the few places I could see him waiving for since he's played there before when the Moose were our affiliate. I could see something like a 1st + Kulikov + prospect for Edler. It would help shed cap for next year for the Jets and Kulikov if healthy would come in and play for the rest of the year before getting bought out.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This is a hypothetical exercise, management has said they will honor his ntc, he's said he won't waive it if asked, and I think at last look there were rumblings of wanting to resign.

If he was available, it would be purely as a rental, and a late first and maybe a small small plus would be a fine trade.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Yes, that is a acceptable return.
Id Give a first at the deadline for him. Can he play both sides?
He doesn’t play the right side.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Depending where the Habs are close to the deadline I could see them being interested. With Montreal having Columbus’s and their own 2nd rounder, I see them giving up their 2nd + something for him.

Kulak Weber
Edler Petry
Reilly Juulsen

Benn

:habs

2nd(MTL)
Schlemko
Hillis

:nucks

Edler
Gagner

Last edited:

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Depending where the Habs are close to the deadline I could see them being interested. With Montreal having Columbus’s and their own 2nd rounder, I see them giving up their 2nd + something for him.

Kulak Weber
Edler Petry
Reilly Juulsen

Benn

:habs

2nd(MTL)
Schlemko
Hillis

:nucks

Edler
Gagner

Listen pal, no one wants Schlemko, trust me

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think he will end up in Toronto or Tampa come the deadline, I think Toronto and Tampa are going to load up, especially Tampa since they didn't land Karlsson

Reactions: skyo

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Jets please!!! He would truly help solidify the defense.

I’m not against adding more centre depth if the cost isn’t outrageous because playoffs are a marathon and injuries happen but priority has to be a defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad