Alexander Burmistrov

Westevez

Jul 6, 2009
I wouldn't bet on him showing up in Barrie. He's putting up good stats in Kazan, and I don't think he's willing to leave.

He can handle the puck very well, can pass well, but isn't a great skater and is lacking in size slightly.

Canuck71*

Burmistrov has absolutely lit up the competition in his first 2 OHL games.
2 GP - 3G - 5A - 8PTS - 2PIM

I know its only 2 games in but this guy looks like he could be the real deal. You rarely or almost never see a foreigner come over to North America and dominate right away like this because of the rink size, the added physicality, and new teammates and all.

This guy is really making a good first impression.

Madic

May 21, 2008
Cheers for the update. Was fun to watch during the WJC this year...moreso than Kabanov/Tarasenko, to me.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Every year there's a kid, eligible for the draft, that I watch closely and typically is dubbed my "favorite". This year I really, really like Burmistrov. Such a great mind and is an incredible playmaker in every way. Can bury the puck, but is typically a passer. Nice skater; I'll be watching him closely throughout this year, as we'll all get to see a good bit more of him this year.

Thanks for the update, there. Looks like he's doing very well, thus far.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Saw him last night in Niagara and in some of the Owen Sound game.

Just a treat to watch thus far. Elite level puckhandling ability, to go with a pretty complete overall game. He's playing the PK for Barrie too. Tremendous talent.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Saw him last night in Niagara and in some of the Owen Sound game.

Just a treat to watch thus far. Elite level puckhandling ability, to go with a pretty complete overall game. He's playing the PK for Barrie too. Tremendous talent.

Hehe, yeah. He's got talent even if he's a tad small. But he can become a special player. By the way, I've published a translated interview with him around one week ago: http://russianjuniorleague.blogspot.com/2009/09/mhl-missed-stars-alexander-burmistrov.html

Mar 12, 2009
I'm looking forward to seeing him play for the first time tonight, he's donminated the score sheet in his first two OHL games with three goals and five assists. So far the CHL hasn't ruined him as he seems to be flourishing early on.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
That Barrie team is gonna score a ton of goals this year. Burmistrov has slowed down with just an assist in the last two games but he could put up some numbers like Grachev last year if he gets good ice time on that squad.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Anybody see the game last night? Just wondering how Burmistrov looked. Nice to see him have a good game again after being fairly quiet (statistically) for a bit there. Did he play with Hutchings last night, by any chance? I heard he was playing mostly 3rd line for a while, which was contributing to his lack of point production I am sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play live as soon as I can.

pouskin74*

17 points in 9 games and are tied with 2 other players for second place
1 Tyler Seguin Plymouth Whalers 10 14 11 25
2 Taylor Hall Windsor Spitfires 9 8 9 17
3 Alexander Burmistrov Barrie Colts 9 7 10 17
4 Jordan Skellett Saginaw Spirit 9 5 12 17
no bad at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Problem with Burmistrov like many other Russian prospects is his small size. Burmistrov was born and raised in the Yeltsin period when too many Russian families could not afford a good diet. The Russian generation born in the 1990's will be shorter than their parents because of their poor diet when they were babies/small kids.

Of course there will be exceptions because of the size of Russia's population, but generally there will not be as many potential great players in the next Russian age groups than there were in the previous age groups.

We might have to wait for the better fed and larger Russian age groups born in the 2000's to grow older to see the next big flow of great Russian hockey players.

pouskin74*

Problem with Burmistrov like many other Russian prospects is his small size. Burmistrov was born and raised in the Yeltsin period when too many Russian families could not afford a good diet. The Russian generation born in the 1990's will be shorter than their parents because of their poor diet when they were babies/small kids.

Of course there will be exceptions because of the size of Russia's population, but generally there will not be as many potential great players in the next Russian age groups than there were in the previous age groups.

We might have to wait for the better fed and larger Russian age groups born in the 2000's to grow older to see the next big flow of great Russian hockey players.

Burmistrov is 6.0 . that isnt small at all.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

talent>size :facepalm:

Bryzga lol*

17 points in 9 games and are tied with 2 other players for second place
1 Tyler Seguin Plymouth Whalers 10 14 11 25
2 Taylor Hall Windsor Spitfires 9 8 9 17
3 Alexander Burmistrov Barrie Colts 9 7 10 17
4 Jordan Skellett Saginaw Spirit 9 5 12 17
no bad at all.

Crazy top 3.. i wouldn't have guessed, at any time in the season, that the top 3 would have been 2010 draft eligible players.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
why Burmistrov isnt listed as a rookie? any ideas?

To win the OHL Rookie of the Year Award, players now have to be in their 17 year or younger season. And if they are 17 (1992 born), they have to have only played less than one quarter of their teams games the season prior. This is in effort to try and eliminate 18 and 19 year olds like Evgeni Grachev (New York Rangers) winning the award.

pouskin74*

To win the OHL Rookie of the Year Award, players now have to be in their 17 year or younger season. And if they are 17 (1992 born), they have to have only played less than one quarter of their teams games the season prior. This is in effort to try and eliminate 18 and 19 year olds like Evgeni Grachev (New York Rangers) winning the award.

thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad