Value of: Alex Wennberg to Toronto.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I was mostly commenting on that as I would rather not move Liljegren for him. We would want to add to our defence not move out someone who is in our top 4 currently, unless it was for a massive upgrade
Fair enough. While not a "massive upgrade", he's exactly the right defenceman they should be targeting when in all likelihood he will be battling Tkachuk/Bennett/Marchand in a couple of months

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Larsson and Borgen are not available from Seattle.

Oleksiak is strictly a #4/5 type of D, he would not cost a 1st if someone wanted him. But retention would push the price way up, as he has two years left on his deal after this one.

Wennberg is available and would be a great middle six center rental. Great defensive player. Should cost a 2nd+ for Wennberg at 50% ($2.25m), maybe a 2nd+3rd.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Larsson and Borgen are not available from Seattle.

Oleksiak is strictly a #4/5 type of D, he would not cost a 1st if someone wanted him. But retention would push the price way up, as he has two years left on his deal after this one.

Wennberg is available and would be a great middle six center rental. Great defensive player. Should cost a 2nd+ for Wennberg at 50% ($2.25m), maybe a 2nd+3rd.
Why not?

You guys aren’t headed to the playoffs anyways. Get a 1st round pick and a good prospect back and then replace him via free agency. Maybe even take a run at Hanafin or Pesce

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why not?

You guys aren’t headed to the playoffs anyways. Get a 1st round pick and a good prospect back and then replace him via free agency. Maybe even take a run at Hanafin or Pesce

Larsson is plenty good enough to get at least a 1st at next year's deadline.

1st + A prospect would make me think about moving him now, but the Leafs don't have any A prospects. Unless they're moving Knies, which I don't see happening.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Why not?

Seattle will be looking for a quick turnaround (retool?) for next year. Even with Larsson, we still need to add a RD and will be looking at DeMelo, Pesce or Roy. If Seattle is still in the same position next trade deadline, then Larsson would be available, not this season.

Let's get back to talking about Wennberg.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014

1st + A prospect would make me think about moving him now, but the Leafs don't have any A prospects. Unless they're moving Knies, which I don't see happening.
Knies is a roster player so that's a non starter for sure. The only A prospect we have right now is cowen and we'd have to be getting back something bigger than Larsson to even consider trading him

Seattle will be looking for a quick turnaround (retool?) for next year. Even with Larsson, we still need to add a RD and will be looking at DeMelo, Pesce or Roy. If Seattle is still in the same position next trade deadline, then Larsson would be available, not this season.

Let's get back to talking about Wennberg.
Wennberg is of no interest, nothing to discuss

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Knies is a roster player so that's a non starter for sure. The only A prospect we have right now is cowen and we'd have to be getting back something bigger than Larsson to even consider trading him

Wennberg is of no interest, nothing to discuss

No interest to you perhaps but your interest, or lack of interest is completely irrelevant, because you don't make decisions

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Cowan is an A prospect after what he's doing in London this year.

Cowan and a 1st for Larsson is to much, but Cowan is an A prospect.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Why not?

Seattle needs to be looking for offense not trading away defense to have to replace. Not a playoff team now but not far off. They should not trade away a position of strength with term without a very big return. Very big.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Elliot Friedman reported that trelivings top priority is a rhd so I surmise that he has little interest in wennberg

I'm sure it is his top priority, but Treliving himself has said on multiple occasions that he's looking for a 3rd line center too.

And he should be looking for some sort of PK forward because our PK f***ing sucks.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
A lot of people around the Avs think they are looking at Wennberg. He killed the Avs in the playoffs last season and the Avs have a habit of acquiring guys that played well against them...

Plus he could play middle six C. C is the Avs biggest need. But Seattle is a 3 game winning streak from being right in the 8th playoff spot. They are a two game winning streak from being in 9th place. Not sure they are sellers yet.

Seattle has the NHLs' 27th ranked strength of schedule remaining too so lots of easy and winnable games left on their docket.

Seattle should wait until closer to the deadline, but if a team wanted to get Wennberg today, Seattle's GM should rip their face off as a result. otherwise, no need to move him yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad