Value of: Alex Wennberg to Toronto.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Coming into Tonights game against Boston Seattle is 7 points out of a wildcard spot.

7 points is quite a bit at this at this time of year and so Seattle might be looking to recoup assets for some of their UFA's and one of the ones I would be interested in is Alex Wennberg.

Now people are going to come in here and they are going to say the depth is clicking and they don't need another forward.

And It's partly true, the depth is clicking right now, Bobby Mcmann, Tyler Bertuzzi, Max Domi, David Kampf and Pontus Holmberg have all come up big in recent games.

But I look at this team, and specifically the PK and I think that is still an area of concern, the PK is simply not good enough and if Alex Wennberg could come in and help improve that I think he'd be a good bottom 6 addition.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Wennberg would be nice for one of the worst penalty kills in the league.

Mathew Dumba/Alex Wennberg would be solid gets for Toronto.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Wennberg would be nice for one of the worst penalty kills in the league.

Mathew Dumba/Alex Wennberg would be solid gets for Toronto.

I could see him being acquired because we know Treliving tried to sign him this past but to me he's a depth piece not the main defensive target

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Coming into Tonights game against Boston Seattle is 7 points out of a wildcard spot.

7 points is quite a bit at this at this time of year and so Seattle might be looking to recoup assets for some of their UFA's and one of the ones I would be interested in is Alex Wennberg.

Now people are going to come in here and they are going to say the depth is clicking and they don't need another forward.

And It's partly true, the depth is clicking right now, Bobby Mcmann, Tyler Bertuzzi, Max Domi, David Kampf and Pontus Holmberg have all come up big in recent games.

But I look at this team, and specifically the PK and I think that is still an area of concern, the PK is simply not good enough and if Alex Wennberg could come in and help improve that I think he'd be a good bottom 6 addition.
Technicality here….

Seattle has 2 games in hand, play nashville later and play LA I think 2 times.

out of it they are not.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Technicality here….

Seattle has 2 games in hand, play nashville later and play LA I think 2 times.

out of it they are not.

They are in a rough spot.

Take tonight for example, they could beat Boston tonight, they did it last time but nobody will call them the favorite tonight

If I'm following reporting correctly. Toronto is hell-bent on not giving up a 1st. Oleksiak isn't changing that decision.

No they aren't giving a 1st for a rental.

Olesiak isn't a rental.

Reactions: namttebih

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
OK, fair enough.

Is Oleksiak that valuable, at 31, to give up a 1st? IMO, no. Of course, I've seen teams give up 1sts for less, so maybe he is.

He's not my first choice but I do believe he could land a 1st.

I'd personally rather have Larsson

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
If I'm following reporting correctly. Toronto is hell-bent on not giving up a 1st. Oleksiak isn't changing that decision.
Tre loves big D though. I think that a 6'13" top 4 D signed for 3 playoffs would be the exception to the rule. This is thier window. A low first with a 50% chance of having an impact 3 or 4 years down the road shouldn't be untouchable.

I like Oleksiak but we cant trade our only rhd for him. much prefer Larsson from you guys
He plays both sides though

He's not my first choice but I do believe he could land a 1st.

I'd personally rather have Larsson
Especially retained.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Tre loves big D though. I think that a 6'13" top 4 D signed for 3 playoffs would be the exception to the rule. This is thier window. A low first with a 50% chance of having an impact 3 or 4 years down the road shouldn't be untouchable.

He plays both sides though

Especially retained.
I was mostly commenting on that as I would rather not move Liljegren for him. We would want to add to our defence not move out someone who is in our top 4 currently, unless it was for a massive upgrade

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00