Speculation: Alex Wennberg scratched for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Rangers don’t play till Saturday. My guess is it’s a done deal. No way the Rangers are gonna go into the playoffs with a borderline nhl’r as 3rd line center.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Wennberg isnt worth as much as mantha and he just went for a 2nd and 4th. Wonder what wennberg fetches

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Wennberg isnt worth as much as mantha and he just went for a 2nd and 4th. Wonder what wennberg fetches

I don't know if you're saying this based on a detailed knowledge of the players. Mantha has been dogged by serious compete issues for years and the Caps haven't been able to get rid of him for most of his contract. Wennberg is a very good defensive center. They're not easily compared.

Reactions: Blueston

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I don't know if you're saying this based on a detailed knowledge of the players. Mantha has been dogged by serious compete issues for years and the Caps haven't been able to get rid of him for most of his contract. Wennberg is a very good defensive center. They're not easily compared.
Mantha has scored 20 goals primarily from the 4th line already this year. In Wennberg's best season he scored 17. This is a really shrewd trade by Vegas.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Mantha has scored 20 goals primarily from the 4th line already this year. In Wennberg's best season he scored 17.

Yeah and Wennberg does more of all the other things that teams need. You can assume that most people you interact with on HF know about player's respective goal totals.

This is a really shrewd trade by Vegas.

I don't disagree. I think Mantha might work out great for them, though there is more of an element of risk with him than most players.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah and Wennberg does more of all the other things that teams need. You can assume that most people you interact with on HF know about player's respective goal totals.

I don't disagree. I think Mantha might work out great for them, though there is more of an element of risk with him than most players.
Mantha's defensive metrics are really good this year, however much value you want to put into that.

For the record every time my team plays against Wennberg I'm always shocked that he doesn't produce more. He's so slippery out there.

Also, I can assume that all posters have their own biases.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Mantha's defensive metrics are really good this year, however much value you want to put into that.

For the record every time my team plays against Wennberg I'm always shocked that he doesn't produce more. He's so slippery out there.

Also, I can assume that all posters have their own biases.

Wennberg has an advanced intelligence for reading the play in the neutral zone and high up in the zone, but as soon as he gets around the opposing goal he seems to lose his bearings. Not much of a killer instinct. The opposite mentality from a goal scorer.

Reactions: Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Wennberg has an advanced intelligence for reading the play in the neutral zone and high up in the zone, but as soon as he gets around the opposing goal he seems to lose his bearings. Not much of a killer instinct. The opposite mentality from a goal scorer.
Yeah he's crazy fun to watch and clearly processes the game very well, he just never seems to produce nearly as much as the eye test suggests he should.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’m actually going to guess to Boston.

They have Zacha out and need help at center. I’m also going to get DeBrusk will be involved in this deal(close cap hit to Wennberg). Seattle will need to add to Wennberg to get it done probably.

Why would Seattle want a rental winger in DeBrusk? Why would a team in sell mode add to Wennberg for someone without term that they don’t need? Make it least make some sense for both teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad