Value of: Alex Tuch

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Presumably Vegas would be looking to shed salary while remaining competitive. NJ can offer something around Pavel Zacha ($2.250 x 2, RFA)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's pretty good, pretty young and pretty cheap and locked up for a long time. Unless someone really blows their doors off with an offer, I don't see why they would trade him.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Presumably Vegas would be looking to shed salary while remaining competitive. NJ can offer something around Pavel Zacha ($2.250 x 2, RFA)
You’d be parting with someone like Nico for Tuch.

Zacha and Tuch do not belong in the same sentence.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Like a cheap, but legitimate top 6 center.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You’d be parting with someone like Nino for Tuch.

Delete, misunderstood, I think you meant Nico

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
When exactly have we seen a 50 pt winger moved for a franchise center?

I love what Tuch brings, but Hischer for Tuch would be a hilariously bad deal. Zacha + protected 1st in the off season seems like a fair deal TBH.
No it doesn’t. Tuch is a first line player for Vegas. So if they are getting a 3rd line commodity player in return for a 1st line guy, the base would need to be a lottery pick. So remove the protection and maybe a cap strapped team like Vegas does that for the base of the deal, which we’ll assume is the 10th OA pick in a weak draft. Not great value for Tuch but good savings.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No it doesn’t. Tuch is a first line player for Vegas. So if they are getting a 3rd line commodity player in return for a 1st line guy, the base would need to be a lottery pick. So remove the protection and maybe a cap strapped team like Vegas does that for the base of the deal, which we’ll assume is the 10th OA pick in a weak draft. Not great value for Tuch but good savings.

I know you don't watch any other teams judging by your posts, but Alex Tuch has never been a 1st line player for Vegas.

He's on their third line and scores around 50 pts a year. No chance in hell he is returning a player along Hischer's potential and current level.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I know you don't watch any other teams judging by your posts, but Alex Tuch has never been a 1st line player for Vegas.

He's on their third line and scores around 50 pts a year. No chance in hell he is returning a player along Hischer's potential and current level.
He’s averaging 16:30 minutes a game. Great Corsi metics. Great xGF. He’s a fast skating, power forward that’s 6’4 and 220 lbs. he plays PP and some PK. He hits. Good takeaway vs giveaway metics. This isn’t a third line guy. This is one of Five most important forwards for Vegas.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You’d be parting with someone like Nico for Tuch.

Your counter is much, much worse.

Hischier is worth a significant amount more than Tuch. Tuch isn't even worthy of being the main piece in a package for Hischier.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Probably a hilarious overpayment, Vegas doesn’t need to deal him. I’d love him on the Devils but I can’t see them giving up what it would take.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
He’s averaging 16:30 minutes a game. Great Corsi metics. Great xGF. He’s a fast skating, power forward that’s 6’4 and 220 lbs. he plays PP and some PK. He hits. Good takeaway vs giveaway metics. This isn’t a third line guy. This is one of Five most important forwards for Vegas.

He’s used as their 7th most forward. He has been since coming to Vegas. He is a 3rd line forward there.

The player you are labeling as a third line player in Zacha is used in almost identical usage as you just listed, plays center, and is 6’3 and 210 pounds.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's not happening. He's a strong second line winger playing on a third line because of depth on a great contract, still young, and pretty much our best depth scorer. It would take a ridiculous overpay structured around Vegas' tight cap situation to pry him away and I just don't see that happening.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
It's not happening. He's a strong second line winger playing on a third line because of depth on a great contract, still young, and pretty much our best depth scorer. It would take a ridiculous overpay structured around Vegas' tight cap situation to pry him away and I just don't see that happening.

Pretty much. I don't see why Vegas trades him and imagine the plan is for him to take Patches or Smith's spot in the line-up.

Reactions: HanSolo

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Alex Tuch for... Jordan Greenway!
Or Kaprizov! Kind of crazy how the expansion agreement worked out, Tuch’s a great player but may end up being the worst of the bunch that they had to choose from. Of course the fact that all 3 were on the table to begin with is a huge blemish for the Wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad