NBA Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in negotiations to buy the Timberwolves for $1.5 billion

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
there might finally be a light at the end of the tunnel for that organization once taylor is gone. my pick for worst owner in NA pro sports

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
A-Rod and Lore should try and steer the NBA towards adding their next two teams in Seattle and Vancouver.

Those teams would go in the Northwest Division, moving Minnesota into the Central and Oklahoma City into the Southwest.

As part of this expansion, the NBA would increase the amount of division games - 28 (7 per opponent) for teams in the five-team divisions, and 30 (6 per opponent) for teams in the six-team divisions. Everyone else is played twice.

I've been saying for years the NBA needs more division games to put them on par with the other big 4 leagues.

They had a huge opportunity to put more division games on the schedule this season, given the pandemic, and even collapse the 6 divisions into 5 for the season as follows:

Washington to Atlantic
Minnesota to Central
Memphis and New Orleans to Southeast
Denver, Oklahoma City, and Utah to Southwest
Portland to Pacific

Instead, the NBA made everyone play all their conference opponents three times each, including those in the same division, and two against those in the opposite conference.

I felt that was too risky of a move, considering the other major leagues that had to shorten seasons at some point during the pandemic, MLB and the NHL, went to regionalized schedules for 2020 and 2020-21, respectively.

It's time to make divisions matter again in the NBA to some extent.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't think anyone seriously thought that an A-Rod lead group was committed longterm to Minneapolis, but I guess that's at least out in the open now that they aren't looking for a deal that commits them to the market.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Damn A-Rod can't be putting too much money in this, can he? His net worth probably 500 mill max?

But if they did move team where could they go? I guess Seattle or Vegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad