Alex Petrovic missed pickup who would have...

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Petrovic isn't that good: he's a full step down from Zaitsev and a half-step above Ozighanov and he misses a lot of time due to injury/scratching.

And also being that Florida is a divisional rival, we aren't getting him for Chris Wideman (who honestly I would take over Petrovic) and a 3rd. Florida would have asked something like young B prospect (think Engvall or Durzi), a young E prospect (O'Connell or McAdam types) and a pick on top.

We don't need a guy to perhaps challenge Ozighanov, we need a guy to push Zaitsev down.

...which is why after consulting with the oracle, I envision us being heavy players in the Alex Pietrangelo sweepstakes, and I'll part with anyone not named Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Rielly or Andersen with bells on, and I'd really prefer to keep Grundstrom, Dermott and Sandin.

My offer is Nylander + 2nd 2019 + Liljegren...or Kapanen + 1st 2019 + 2nd 2020 + Liljegren for Petro + something small.

Last edited:

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Babcocks system isnt built for a guy like petrovik.

Leafs need dmen who can make stretch passes and skate.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Petrovic isn't that good: he's a full step down from Zaitsev and a half-step above Ozighanov and he misses a lot of time due to injury/scratching.

And also being that Florida is a divisional rival, we aren't getting him for Chris Wideman (who honestly I would take over Petrovic) and a 3rd. Florida would have asked something like young B prospect (think Engvall or Durzi), a young E prospect (O'Connell or McAdam types) and a pick on top.

We don't need a guy to perhaps challenge Ozighanov, we need a guy to push Zaitsev down.

I'd argue he is a half-step below Oz at this point.. but either way, not a guy you give up any assets for.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Petrovic is someone I like more than I should, and for most good reason.
Would have been a solid top 4 guy when Hal Gill was a top 4 guy.

Just not built right for today's NHL

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The reality is we need someone to play with Rielly, this will bump Hainsey down to the 3rd pairing where he should do better. Trick down effect there would be great for us.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We need someone who can stop opposing forwards from having their way with our net. We can't have OZ missing easy hits like the 1 on 2 turned into a breakaway goal last game. Now that was truly embarrassing.

Reactions: The Apologist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad