• Bottom 6 Role Player

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Playing in Shanghai

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think it all depends on how St-Louis hands out minutes to his top-9. If they are pretty evenly split, even with a little more to Suzuki's line, Newhook could benefit both from being a 3rd line or a 2nd line winger.

It really depends on the quality of his line mates?

I think we see him playing RW this upcoming season, personally, angling to maximize his speed and shot as main offensive qualities.

He'll likely be Dach's scoring option, like Caufield is Suzuki's scoring option.

Who plays with whom to complement the lines, though.

I see a third line potentially being RHP - DvoraK - Anderson, because of the chemistry displayed by RHP and Anderson when playing together to round out the year.

That leaves:

Monahan - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Dach - Newhook
RHP - Dvorak - Anderson
Hoffman - Evans/Lias Andersson - Gallagher
Caufield's been playing on the left side since day one MSL took over... I don't think that's changing anytime soon.

Newhook seems to prefer playing on the left side also, I think he'll play LW. He's Drouin's replacement at the end of the day.

Reactions: themilosh

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Caufield's been playing on the left side since day one MSL took over... I don't think that's changing anytime soon.

Newhook seems to prefer playing on the left side also, I think he'll play LW. He's Drouin's replacement at the end of the day.
How a player lines up doesn't determine what side he'll play, necessarily.

Caufield could play RW in the D-zone and cross over to the left side in transition to the O-zone. With Monahan at LW (also a C), the switch to the right side on the fly would come naturally and he could support Caufield and Suzuki defensively, becoming the first to back check if Suzuki is deep in the O-zone on a turnover.

Definitely not the problem and categorical situation you are describing, IMO.

You could switch them (Monahan and Caufield) off the top if you want, but that eliminates some chaos for opposing Ds and simplifies defensive coverage, IMO.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
With a coach like MSL, he can certainly develop into a great top 6 player, he have great tools... great speed, great shot, need to be a better playmaker, but he have the ability to do that aswell.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
As an Avs fan that saw what Alex had and was upset the Avs squandered it... happy to see the kid play so well last night in game 1 for y'all.

If I'd voted on this poll back then... I'd have been adamant he'd be a 2nd liner with 25-32 goal annual projection. Kid can play.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
As an Avs fan that saw what Alex had and was upset the Avs squandered it... happy to see the kid play so well last night in game 1 for y'all.

If I'd voted on this poll back then... I'd have been adamant he'd be a 2nd liner with 25-32 goal annual projection. Kid can play.

Thanks for the message! I really believe in potential of Newhook. He looks like that he can become a really good top 6 player, he is very smart and very fast aswell.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm thinking Viktor Arvidsson type of production, along with a complete game.
That would be pretty solid....
And...
I hope he settles in to a notch above that in his prime

40g/80pt producer vs 30g/60pt

He's got the tools to do it

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If he gets knocked off his feet all the time, I'm gonna call him alex newhooker

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He’s arguably been our best forward IMO throughout the preseason and Game 1.

I’ve really liked what I’ve seen, he seems to mesh insanely well with Dach and Slafkovsky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad