Alex Lafreniere.... Bust ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Why is the OP asking the question? I’m sick of these threads starting with a general question to the board when 90 percent are too afraid to just say what they want.

It’s like those ‘what’s going on with so and so.’

Just say Laff is a bust, give a reason and stick with it....

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
4 points in 19 games as the first overall pick. Lots were considering him a Matthews level player, is he turning into a bust ?
19 games into his career. In a Shortened season with no training camp, started in a weird time. Where he’s only playing against 7 other teams, a handful of them very strong.

yeah when you consider all thosE things. I’d say he’s undeniably a bust. /sarcasm

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Why is the OP asking the question? I’m sick of these threads starting with a general question to the board when 90 percent are too afraid to just say what they want.

It’s like those ‘what’s going on with so and so.’

Just say Laff is a bust, give a reason and stick with it....
I don’t know if he is , that’s why I’m asking .

Triggered much ?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Jesus...

19 games AT A NEW LEVEL after NOT playing for 10 months!

Rangers should have sent him to the Q/WJC, IMO. Then, the transition would have been smoother as he would have shaken off the rust.

Stutzle played in Germany (if I am not mistaken) and then at the world juniors. He had trouble scoring points for 5-6 games and now, he has taken off.

Last edited:

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I don’t know if he is , that’s why I’m asking .

Triggered much ?
Lol yes. Definitely triggered but seems like you’re in the minority if you didn’t have an agenda with this question. Why don’t you share your thoughts or do you really need input here to make up your mind?

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Jeez. It is like if you don't score 50+ points as a rookie #1 OA you are a bust.

Laf was a dominant player in juniors, I think he will be just fine once he gets some man strength...

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
The guy missed half a season or more of prime development time due to last season shutting down and this season getting a late start.
It's way too early to call AF a bust, but covid is going to have a bad effect on the careers of a lot of young prospects.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Obviously not the start NYR fans wanted from him but it's early. He also had no preseason and a reduced training camp. Give him time. It's a weird season. Too early to bring the bust label out. Like previously mentioned, he had 3 points last 4 games. Might be getting his feet under him

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Stutzle played in Germany (if I am not mistaken) and then at the world juniors. He had trouble scoring points for 5-6 games and now, he had taken off.

Stutzle did not play Germany this year, he broke his hand a week after the draft. WJC was his first games of the year and he wasn't able to join Ottawa until the second last day of camp.

Lafreniere is going to be fine. Everyone arrives at their own pace, it's pretty clear he's an NHL player right now. The production will come in time and he will be an impact NHL player.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
As a Sens fan it was a blessing that we did not get the #1 overall pick remember Alexandre Daigle? He dominated QJMHL too and you know the rest. God Stutzle is pretty good at hockey Thank You San Jose!

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
As a Sens fan it was a blessing that we did not get the #1 overall pick remember Alexandre Daigle? He dominated QJMHL too and you know the rest. God Stutzle is pretty good at hockey Thank You San Jose!

Remember Nathan Mackinnon? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves..

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Joe Thornton - bust. Dude went 1st overall and had like 7 points as a rookie? Clearly would never amount to anything.

I don't know why people continue using this as an example representative of the norm. Thornton is historically an outlier in this regard.

I agree 110% with others that its way too early to make any decisions on Lafreniere, but I dont agree with the Thornton reference.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Whenever I remind folks about the "don't complain about threads existing - leave that to the moderators", people invariably flood my inbox with "but you never close any threads".

Please bookmark this terrible thread for future reference.

(I actually close many threads, for which I also receive an inordinate volume of complaints via inbox.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad