Player Discussion Alex Killorn

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
1st line or not, RFA or UFA, for 6 million, you should be... better.

More than 22M tied up in Killorn, Henrique, Silfverberg and Strome.
What does it matter? If they didn’t have those contracts they would have to overpay someone else in UFA to hit the floor. It isn’t like those contracts are stopping them from getting someone else.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Killorn has really been showing why we signed him lately. Nice to see him getting comfortable and showing up.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Henrique is traded, they have seemed to have some good chemistry

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He has definitely improved and I’m kind of excited to see him compliment a hopefully healthy roster next season. Hopefully he doesn’t decline too much by then

I’m kinda liking the idea of a

Killorn-Zegras-X

3rd line feasting on easy matchups

The ducks desperately need a right shooting goal scoring forward that isn’t Terry. A big gaping hole on this roster

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I'll admit, he is playing better... still slow as molasses out there, but he is rather handsy at times. He and Jones have actually looked to have a little chemistry building the last couple games.

Reactions: Kalv and SmokeyDuck
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Silfverberg career at Ducks now.
giphy.gif

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Guys going to be a 20g/35a guy next season and the following 2. That will be solid production on top of his vet presence. Another GM Pat Verbeek winning signing.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
He's def. looked much better in the second half of the season.

The contract will never look like a win value-wise, but if he plays like he is now, we can certainly live with it.

I'm happier with his contract, than the $5,000,000 for Ryan Strome for three more years.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I still think he looks bad / not 100%, but he somehow manages to produce like he's done in Tampa or at least not far off, and it's throwing me for a loop.

Any TBL lurkers in this thread, feel free to chime in.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
He’s rebounded pretty nicely.

The big thing that concerns me is the age and the last year of his contract

But I like having him here the next year or two

I agree. I think now that he'll have a full summer to heal as well should only help things. It seems like some players take awhile to find their rhythm again in new places. I think Killorn will have a strong season next year as long as he stay healthy.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad