Confirmed with Link: Alex Killorn re-signed for 2 years at $5.1 million (AAV: $2.55 million)

Fred89

Jun 8, 2011
Milan
Right now no terms of the deal were disclosed.

I can't find anything neither on Twitter right now

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I believe that since it's two years and not three like Palat/Johnson he's still a RFA at the end of it. Good price for him, it's a steal if he stays as a 2nd line 45-55 point player and good even as a 3rd line 35-45 points.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I believe that since it's two years and not three like Palat/Johnson he's still a RFA at the end of it. Good price for him, it's a steal if he stays as a 2nd line 45-55 point player and good even as a 3rd line 35-45 points.

Agreed. I think best case scenario Killer is that 3rd line 0.5 ppg guy, because that would mean someone else (Kucherov? Connolly? Drouin?) has earned the 2nd line role.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
well think stevie is doing a great job with these kids.

I said if he could get these three at under 10 million he was doing very good.

He did that easily so awesome job to stevie welcome back killer!!

Is a fair amount always hoped we could get him at 1.8 but with his length time here etc.. he deserves this deal.

Also am happy we are rewarding these guys fairly and not going the route of turning everything over etc.. going for cup immediately. In long run this shows the mentality that detroit red wings were built with that this is home and players should in time appreciate and be more inclined to be more loyal to the tampa bay lightning organization which will go a long way I believe.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...2185065?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
"I feel pretty good about it," Killorn said. "It seemed like they were very interested in getting me signed, they wanted me to be part of what they have going in the future, so I was excited about that. Once we knew they were interested, it was going to be about finding the right number. It didn't really take that long, I'm excited."

"Clearly the Lightning values Alex and sees him as part of their core," agent Matt Keator said. "And it went very smoothly on both sides and were able to reach an agreement in a timely fashion. They see him as part of their core and their future, and he was really happy there too. It all led to the same thing."

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=723190
“During my first year I was trying to just prove myself and not make too many mistakes,” he said. “This past season I was really trying to make an impact and do everything I could to help the team win.”
“We were pretty happy with the fact we made the playoffs, but still have a sour taste in our mouth,” Killorn said. “We expected a lot more.”
“There are a lot of pieces with this group,” he said. “Jon Cooper, [Tyler] Johnson, [Ondrej] Palat, [Mark] Barberio and those guys that have been together since winning the Calder Cup in Norfolk, but more importantly we have great players that were already here, leaders on the team, that have been great for us.

“When you put that all together you have a good feeling of what the future holds for the Tampa Bay Lightning.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad