Alex Kadeykin vs Jiri Sekac

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Both young guys that put good points in the KHL this year either leading their team or close to the scoring lead. Who's the better player right now and who has the brighter future ?

Tthey are so different, we are basically talking about comparing Dainius Zubrus and poor man's Marcel Hossa. So I doubt any of these questions can be answered since well, they are just too different and their value lies in different places. Kadeykin is a late bloomer, too.

Unlike Sekac, Kadeykin brings size, the guy is huge, so that's a big advantage. At the same time, I think it's much more likely Sekac will turn into a top-6 forward so here we go, their value lies in team's priorities.

Sekac is undoubtedly more NHL-ready, so I guess it means he's the better player at the moment. Canadiens got the player who will most likely be on their roster next fall, Red Wings gambled late round pick for a guy who may never play a game for them.

P.S. Don't read into the comparisons too much, they are not that similar to Zubrus and Hossa.

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I think kadeykin (if moves) will be a steal for Detroit. He isn't a late bloomer, the only reason he was bypassed by wjc is the injury.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think kadeykin (if moves) will be a steal for Detroit. He isn't a late bloomer, the only reason he was bypassed by wjc is the injury.

Well, someone like Yakimov - a pretty similar player with a pretty similar upside - has played for U18 team when he was 16 and generally, achieved all feats at least a year or so earlier. Kadeykin is someone whose size delayed his maturing as a hockey player rather than quickened it. So to me, that's a late bloomer.

At the end of the day, it's not that important though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad