Proposal: Alex Goligoski Reunion?

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
I'm not sure why we traded him for Neal & Niskanen...

However, I believe that the Penguins would rather stay young at the defense position, but maybe adding another veteran defensiveman would help us out?

Going out on a limb: Maatta's replacement in a trade with Arizona? Along with some other drafts picks or players to even out the trade?

On an extra note, his final jersey number was (3) when he played for Pittsburgh, just like Maatta.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.

However, I believe that the Penguins would rather stay young at the defense position, but maybe adding another veteran defensiveman would help us out?

Going out on a limb: Maatta's replacement in a trade with Arizona? Along with some other drafts picks or players to even out the trade?

On an extra note, his final jersey number was (3) when he played for Pittsburgh, just like Maatta.

Really?

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Goligoski is almost a full decade older than Maatta, has a higher salary, and would not be an upgrade over Maatta.

Let's be real, Maatta was not the problem. Team defense was the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd problem.

Reactions: JackFr

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Gonna go with a no on this one. The only way I would take him back is if JJ and Maatta are gone and Arizona demands we take him in a solid Kessel trade.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
You really don't know why we traded him for Neal and Nisky... That was a very successful trade for us.

Regardless, I still like Goligoski, but I don't think I want him back on the team. Rather go younger or develop someone else.

Reactions: Jacob

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
JR has done enough damage with stupid moves
This would be another IMO

Trading Maatta is a great idea but the goal is to bring back someone younger or the same age as Maatta but with a lot more mobility on defence. That's what this teams needs more of, players that can skate and move the puck.

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
As I said in my original post above, we can adjust the trade by adding some picks or players to even out the trade, so maybe we can get something good in return, but we may still run out of room for him.

Reactions: Andy99

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
As I said in my original post above, we can adjust the trade by adding some picks or players to even out the trade, so maybe we can get something good in return, but we may still run out of room for him.

Im pretty sure you lost everyone with the first line.....

That was a great trade and still is.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC

I hate this word. “Veterans” are overrated, we have more experience on this roster/core than most NHL teams. Young guys are better than the old heads, stop the false narrative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad