Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
75+. Habs management/coaches won't want to deal with the backlash if he plays well but gets less minutes than DD playing on the wing.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Voted 75+. The nightmare that is DD as a top 6 center has to end soon. Doesn't it? Please tell me it does. It has to end.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
DD only has value to this team at centre. He to small to put on the top 6 As a winger. Until he's traded , galchenyuk will be lucky to see spot duty at centre , probably only for injuries. Plus DD is a set up man, useless on the wing

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
DD only has value to this team at centre. He to small to put on the top 6 As a winger. Until he's traded , galchenyuk will be lucky to see spot duty at centre , probably only for injuries. Plus DD is a set up man, useless on the wing

There are plenty of wingers that aren't goal scorers that are setup men...

Anyways, he won't be playing center unless Plekanec/DD are in major slumps/injured.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Yeah, because there haven't been any Set-Up men that played wing in the past…

You demonstrate your superior knowledge. Thanks.

That said, it doesn't mean Desharnais deserves to play top-six as a winger either, even as a set-up man, at that position.

It's just that it's not because DD is a set-up man that he shouldn't be a top-six winger. There are plenty of other, more valid, reasons for that.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

DD actually played pretty well as a wing last year. I'm sad it didn't stay that way.

I guess Voracek, St-Louis, Tanguay are all centers. :sarcasm:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I hope he's permanently shifted to center, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't expect him to be used regularly at center unless significant injuries occur.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Less than fifteen. He's the Habs' second best LW and the center position is crowded. I don't see him getting a real good shot at center unless they can find another potent LW'er to replace him.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Yeah, because there haven't been any Set-Up men that played wing in the past…

You demonstrate your superior knowledge. Thanks.

That said, it doesn't mean Desharnais deserves to play top-six as a winger either, even as a set-up man, at that position.

It's just that it's not because DD is a set-up man that he shouldn't be a top-six winger. There are plenty of other, more valid, reasons for that.

Let's hear your superior knowledge oh Great one. DD has zero worth on the wing. We're already weak on the wing and switching up Galchenyuk for DD just completely weakend us at an already weak position. But what do I know. You're by far the smartest one on this board

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Let's hear your superior knowledge oh Great one. DD has zero worth on the wing. We're already weak on the wing and switching up Galchenyuk for DD just completely weakend us at an already weak position. But what do I know. You're by far the smartest one on this board

He was pretty good on the wing on his short stretch there.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
DD actually played pretty well as a wing last year. I'm sad it didn't stay that way.

I guess Voracek, St-Louis, Tanguay are all centers. :sarcasm:

Did you really just compare DD to any of those guys ? Talk to me about DD and your comparisson when he actually scores 20g in a season

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Did you really just compare DD to any of those guys ? Talk to me about DD and your comparisson when he actually scores 20g in a season

You said set-up man were useless on the wing. I provided easy examples. DD wouldn't be a first line winger so of course he wouldn't score 20 goals.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He was pretty good on the wing on his short stretch there.

He was? Care to put up some numbers? DD is only as good as Pacioretty can play, separating them will decrease any value , if he has any that is, that he has. He's more valuable to the habs as centre sadly.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You said set-up man were useless on the wing. I provided easy examples. DD wouldn't be a first line winger so of course he wouldn't score 20 goals.

Those guys are all or at one time superiorily more talented to DD. sure gimme voracek on the wing. He will score at least 30 though.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He was? Care to put up some numbers? DD is only as good as Pacioretty can play, separating them will decrease any value , if he has any that is, that he has. He's more valuable to the habs as centre sadly.

I go by the eye test, but I'm sure someone can take the time to go fetch those. My opinion is we're better off long term putting DD at wing and Chuckie at C.

Those guys are all or at one time superiorily more talented to DD. sure gimme voracek on the wing. He will score at least 30 though.

Except his career high is 23.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I go by the eye test, but I'm sure someone can take the time to go fetch those. My opinion is we're better off long term putting DD at wing and Chuckie at C.

Except his career high is 23.

My bad but he's an elite player. DD is not even close to any of those 4. He relies on others to get stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad